Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

60's simplicity with 16hp. pull start.

svon

I will go look at it this weekend, all the seller could
tell me is it has a 42in. mower, and it has the round fenders
that don't cover the whole tire.

It's not a Broadmoor then - 36" was their widest cut back then. Round fenders could mean a 700/725 or early Landlord. I guess if you hacked it up you could get a 16 in there and wrap a rope? Look to verify if engine really is a 16HP - will be a model 326000 series. The first factory 16HP was a 3416 Hydro in 1973 but these are not really rounded fenders. Ask if the hood is round and tilts forward or if it is square and bolts on.

I had a 10hp Wards Squire [Landlord] and I believe I saw a 725 plate with 2 model numbers on it like the eaarly Broadmores had, 1 for electric start, 1 for manual. I am not for sure on this. But in the manual for my 10 it had a pulley on the right side of the cross drive under the seat to wind a rope around to manual start it. Could it be??? If it has a 16 the hood and grille will have had to be reworked. Al