Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

fishnwiz

How many drone owners here besides Josh?

fishnwiz

Saw your YouTube posting with the drone shadow in one of the clips..new xmas toy Josh?  Don't own one myself ......Yet. 

Just what I need......another hobbyO.o

Talntedmrgreen

Its sad to admit but all my hobbies dried up when I started having babies. I’m stuck home all the time and the only enjoyment I get is playing with tractors :-) it’s been fun to capture some video of how they operate, so My wife did surprise me with a drone. My bucket list item is to get my pilots license and my own airplane but this may be as close as I get :-) 

720nut

Got one for Christmas opened box and put back on shelf

to high tech for me, probably give to my granddaughter she'll know what to do with it

Edited by 720nut

bowhunt4life

I have found them quite useful. I have a friend with a drone ($1500 well out of my price range) and I had him over to do a new aerial shot of our homestead. Also find them useful when tracking deer that have been shot that go into a marsh. No sense walking in chest high canary grass and wandering around when you can fly overhead and find the deer laying and then go recover the deer.

• Like 1

Talntedmrgreen

It would have been a godsend for a few past tracking jobs, though it is tough to fly through or near trees.  The FOV out in front is great but its so easy to fly too near to branches behind or below, without seeing them.  Ive gone on a few ‘hunting’ flights and its super cool to send it out a half mile or more and look for deer against the snow.  I would imagine that from above treetops they are difficult to spot without snow cover.  Its also easy to forget about battery life, though mine will cruise about 35mph when in a hurry to get somewhere.  Ive seen a few youtubers who have gotten theirs over 65mph. 

fishnwiz

I know there is alot of push back on drone use for fishing...surf fishers use them for dropping their lines past the breakers to reach the fish easier.

I could easily get hooked on drones..Pretty darn cool for sure.

Edited by fishnwiz

Talntedmrgreen
8 hours ago, DaveBsACs said:

I cant wait for my first drone , I keep a Remington 1100 as well as my Taurus Judge ready at all times for when I spot one here:D

You would be one dang fine shot to hit anything airborne with the judge! &:)

• Haha 1

B-16_IC
14 hours ago, DaveBsACs said:

I cant wait for my first drone , I keep a Remington 1100 as well as my Taurus Judge ready at all times for when I spot one here:D

I have always thought they looked like a great target! I guess I'm just trigger happy. C|:

I heard of a fellow getting in trouble for shooting one over his property, should have followed the three S rule! 

I know a fellow that has a good one, flys by GPS,  will return to where it was launched automatically when the battery gets to a certain percentage. That feature would be handy. sm03

Talntedmrgreen
1 minute ago, B-16_IC said:

I know a fellow that has a good one, flys by GPS,  will return to where it was launched automatically when the battery gets to a certain percentage. That feature would be handy. sm03

Yup...mine will return to it's launch coordinates, using the max height it flew away on, to avoid obstructions.  It flies back if it loses signal for a user determined amount of time (I set mine to 30 seconds), or if the pilot ignores the low battery warnings.  The software makes sure it has enough juice to make the flight home, based on how far from the launch position it is.  You can also have it return to the controller instead of the launch position, so long as there is a connection.  It's pretty slick.  

It also will not land on it's own.  It returns and maintains a minimum of 18" above the ground, to avoid landings into water, etc.  Of course, once the battery runs out...it drops that final foot and a half.  The user cannot take off or land it.  It has a default 'launch/land' button so that it cannot crash due to user error.  The unit will descend to 18" quickly, then softly land from there and shut off.  My wife figured a dummy proof unit was best for me.  =]

Snojetter

My brother-in-law has one of these he hires out for filming.  He's done several fly-overs of our property at different seasons of the year and gotten great videos of our place.  It's amazing how one's perspective changes when something is seen from the air.  I thought I knew where I lived, but it looks way different from 500 feet.

I love aviation, but drones just don't interest me.  BUT, I am glad that my brother-in-law is in to them since I get to reap some of the benefits.

Edited by Snojetter

fishnwiz

They are VERY tempting. There are some real nice used ones on CL

I want to get one I can use to chase the turkeys and a Coopers hawk from my bird feeders

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Ben1981
    • JohnnyRotten
    • PhanDad
    • s_stephen
  • Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Recent Status Updates

• Paul M.Murphy

Paul M.Murphy

Hello glad I got on this site. I hope to upload a couple of photos of my Simplicity Broadmoor 
      Model 707 Tractor. I have replaced all the belts on it and installed a new ignition switch.
      Have a mower deck which was in poor shape , repaced a couple of bushings and welded the
      deck where there was some holes. The tractor and mower deck came from a friend and the 
      mower deck metal was getting pretty thin. Some new metal was put in it and we also undercoated the underside of the deck. This was done by my friend Greg Toulman.
      I have not put the mower deck on the tractor yet, waiting for Greg to come home and give me a hand. Can you please tell me if there is a manual for the mower deck and where I could get one.
      I would also like to get some moon wheel discs as well.
      I will try and down load some photos of the tractor when my wife shows me how to. 
      I really love driving this tractor and also how well it is made compare today's tractors, especially the flexible rear end and the rollers.
      Tell the next time 
      Paul

· 8 replies
    • jbrooks

jbrooks  »  Talntedmrgreen

Josh

folowing  this from a link at the downloads.  I just rescued an AC 920 with the lambodini diesel. I can' t download  yet .  Where did you find the PDF copy you posted. . I would like to figure out how to adjust the injection pump. 
      I assume it's a bosche, correct
      · 0 replies
  • Adverts