Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Do many people??

BradW

Do many people read the for sale or want ad's? I posted I have a sickle mower for sale or trade with not much interest, usually these seem to be a ticket item and lead me to believe do many people actually read these ad's and it seem some people post for sale or want ad's on this board, below is the reference to my message: "Hi, I am interested in trading my sickle mower which is in good shape except it needs paint. I am interested in just about anything, would prefer later models but tell me what you have, I can get pictures, thanks,-BradW" Oh well, just curious,-BradW

Brad, I read them often. First the interested party needs to be reasonably close to you or both of you need to be willing to ship large heavy items. That alone eliminates alot of people. Second, you do not say which sickle mower. I can think of at least 3 styles for A/C/Simp. I am assuming it fits a A/C/Simp, It could fit Cub, Sears? You did not specify. last, it has only been posted for about 5 hours, you have one response already, I think thats alright. I am sure you will get more offers soon. Please do not take ofense to this, just food for thought, Rob

I know Rob, I have posted these ad's days ago and a few months ago, to my knowledge this is the second style, it is in good operating condition just needs paint, fits most"B" series machines,-BradW

Because of shipping cost I seldom read the want adds but keep an eye on the for sale adds just to learn general value. The 3 attachments that came with it was why I bought the Landlord last fall. Hope to restore some winter when I get caught up on needed things fixings..MPH

I got my B1 threw the for sale ads.I agree about the shipping cost if it is not in my general area I dot'nt reply.Bob

I read the ads but there never seems to be anything available in Oregon. I would drive quite a few miles for some of the stuff that I see advertised. I envy guys in the east and midwest that have access to so much stuff. Shipping is a big problem.

I've sold ALOT through the for sale section lately. Sometimes I list something two or three times at different times of the year before it will find a home. Just depends on whos looking and when....

Hi guy's, as always I am willing to ship big items which doesn't bother me, I will have pictures of it today which I always do when I sell something. It just seems as though not many people actually checked them,-BradW

Posted list of new parts for sale w/ numbers only. NOT ONE RESPONSE. 3 weeks later posted same parts again with photos and detailed description. SOLD MUCH within a few days.

Dutch, Thanks, you of course knew the value of pictures all along. Sales appeal is the responsibility of the seller. Be smart..MadManX

Brad, I see one other thing that may be keeping you from getting replies from some folks. You want to trade, some of us may not have anything to trade to you except cash making it a straight up sale. Would you take a quarter pound of greenbacks, sliced thin? ......lol

I read them everytime I come on, Distance is usually the problem for me also. Dutch is right, if there are no pictures I will glance over them faster than the posts with pictures.

I am not looking specifically for a trade but was just showing that if someone wanted to trade I am perfectly fine with it as I am a firm beleiver in trading, -BradW

Bradw, it seems you may have glossed over my comment about pictures. Believe it or not, the seller is responsible for generating interest in the for sale item. For starters, put a picture in the for sale item's description. Do a search for how to put pictures in anywhere within SimpletrACtors if you really want to generate extra interest in your item..MadManX

Ok guy's, after the HAIL, SNOW, AND RAIN! I was finally able to get out and take pictures. -BradW http://a4.cpimg.com/image/7A/7F/9344634-0f9a-028001E0-.jpg

BradW here is a customer for you MsgID: 2459 -- Submitted: 4/2/2002 11:50:00 AM From: Charles Schreiner ( abby ) -- Email: pjs5814@yahoo.com Location: Wadsworth, Ohio Heading: Allis Chalmers 720 & Simplicity 4041 I have 720 Allis Chalmers and 4041 Simplicity lawn tractor. I am interested in a 5 foot sickle mower and sickle. I am also interested in a 700 loader to fit 720 Allis Tractor. Maynard aka/UCD