Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

This week’s finds that found me

Talntedmrgreen

I recognize that we have a sickness and mine has drawn on so long that I try to stay ‘sober’ as long as I can.  I dont shop craigslist and I try not to look at ebay etc.  But there are enablers who make sure deals or my wish list items find me.  This was one of those weeks.  

A791AE4A-9899-4BB5-B393-B36C7E76137E.jpegThe 4040 was just way too cheap.  I dont know that I will keep it but it had weights and a tire/wheel package I had been watching for.  The seller offered to bring it to me, saving the 5hr round trip  

350B3BB3-71E8-468A-9945-E694B5C8996E.png

2964156B-DCF6-49B5-A52F-90636F0CA3F8.png

1BBAE8D4-5710-40E4-A0DF-38800F64A50F.jpegThe JCP was again, priced too low to ignore and in much better shape than most I have seen.  It was a wish list item and I found a cheap Uship carrier coming this way to save another 11 hours of driving (and OH tolls). 

9F753C8E-EFC2-43A8-AC6D-BAD7BDD9909D.jpeg

168ABB5E-6372-43B5-B267-3C8292BE3DCD.jpegThe forklift was a suprise just today.  Again, pennies on the dollar and the seller discovered he is 5mins from Fastenal. His father was an AC dealer who used this on a Simplicity garden tractor and then ordered up a second lift cylinder to add capacity.  He adapted it to a 620, and later a larger tractor.  They have some of the original garden tractor components they are digging up.  I would like to use it on a Powermax as is. 

Everything came my way via the ‘hey, you should check this out’.  It’s straining my recovery and sending me i to a downward spiral again.  

Thanks guys dz

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ShaunE said:

Nice week!

That forklift is wicked cool!

Aint it!  Sounds like it wasnt cuttin it on a garden tractor, and they wanted to actualy unload equipment with it at the dealership.  I dont know exactly how the 620 powered it but figure this monster rear pto pump i have for the Backhoe will run anything.  I will look at what it may take to add quick connects to the backhoe so I could use that pump for this.  It would be super cool to have a B1 forklift on a garden tractor and Powermax. 

So you are the lucky one to snag the JCP! That one is sure a well kept specimen. There are sure a lot of uses for a forklift, easier to justify that one surely. ;)

Yeah some of the stuff I find is purely collectible...Any use is just for play.   But I use my forklift consistently.  Its so darn handy.  This one should lift more give me another excuse to fire up a powermax.  I dig the story behind it too.  Im crossing my fingers the seller finds more of the oem components.  

• Like 1

I was hoping someone on here got that forklift - Great finds Josh! I gotta get up your way to see that shed full.

I think you are beyond rehab, Josh.  Might as well just give in, OR sell me everything and go cold turkey.  It's the only way..............666

6 minutes ago, Chris727 said:

Dang Josh. You've been busy there. I was hoping a collector got the Pennies. You will give it a great home. 

I like the uniqueness if them but find it pretty ugly 🤣 The rear lift for it will probably arrive before the tractor.  Im also tempted to look at an electric lift conversion. I dont thpically sway from oem, but...

If I was in a buying mood, I would have definitely considered the JCP. I could have sold the craftsman blade for enough to pay for maybe 1/2 to 2/3 of the shipping but I am completely out of room and I don't foresee ever having more room.  

5 hours ago, Chris727 said:

If I was in a buying mood, I would have definitely considered the JCP. I could have sold the craftsman blade for enough to pay for maybe 1/2 to 2/3 of the shipping but I am completely out of room and I don't foresee ever having more room.  

You gotta make room. But that is not fun and not easy. 😕

That JCP is a great addition to a collection.  Would be great at shows...1974 Podded headlights, AC 7xx, Simplicity 34xx, Homelite Txx, and JCP 494.  dOd

Edited by MikeES

2 hours ago, Talntedmrgreen said:

You gotta make room. But that is not fun and not easy. 😕

I need to either sacrifice some machines for nothing or I need to get rid of the junk on the floor. Regretting not buying a rental investment house last year that had three two-car garages.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dhoadley said:

If you had the fork attachment, you could stack 'em. 666

Oh we already stack here 😉 but this one might give me a small amount of additional lift height, depending on how much the Powermax 3pt lift cylinder will raise, and with twin lift cylinders I am hoping for more capacity.  I dont think I could just plug it into the Powermax hydraulic ports due to the fluid this will require when raised, but I have the Auxiliary pump and resevoir from my backhoe that I think I could utilize. 

F1095663-A223-4F79-A7AD-D8B1A053B27C.jpeg