Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Congrats to JeffG for a great April Fools Day mess

Tuffy

What surprise if you weren't kidding!! It was a good April fools about like the snow we got here in Wi again. Kenny

Way to go Jeff i think that was a great way to start the day,It is funny how you can start finding tractor money in your head just thinking about picking up another tractor.Got me for a little while.That is one great looking tractor you should be real pleased with it.Good luck on sale should not be to hard. Have a good one.---Ron B

Jeff, great message re "Powermax Affectionados". You had us all thinking for a few minutes before it really sunk in that if it sounded to good to be true it was. Good luck selling your 4041 - I wish I had room in the "stable" for it. Someone will get a great tractor there. Steve

Steve, Thanks - I hope I didn't cause too much "emotional stress" for clubmembers. Wouldn't it be something if there actually were some NOS PowerMax's still available? Looks like I'll be able to also throw in a 48" Woods BillyGoat brush hog on the 4040/1 deal, too. Just a little more incentive to purchase a fine tractor. Just make your wife park her car outside, Steve - you'll have room! Jeff

I went out into my garage and wept when I found out it was a hoax. Called in sick today (left a message). When I checked my messages, I realized I was self employed, and forced myself to go to work. All day I counted my blessings, I have three Powermax tractors, I have three Powermax tractors, I have th..... I feel a lot better now. Paul

Sorry, Paul. I know what would make you feel better - adding a 4th PowerMax to the collection! ;o) Jeff

Seriously, Jeff, you did have me going for a bit. Good job. Having gotten my 4041 for $400, I know that deals are out there, and your $2500 price was almost believable. It was the quantity that wasn't so believable. Would have had to be a HUGE Simplicity dealer, to stock that many expensive tractors in that period of time. Paul

Paul, I was going to put them up for $500 - but, figured I wouldn't catch anyone, then. My local Simplicity dealer only ever sold one PowerMax - in 1979 to a local high school. Of course, it's still in use today. Jeff