Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Fluid in tires

MARK (LI)

I read some interesting questions and comments about weights and putting fluid in tires...then I found some pretty interesting youtube videos on how to do it.

I have wheel weights on the rear of my Broadmoor, but I was blowing snow with it for the first time and I don't think that I am getting enough traction, even with chains...would it pay to add fluid in the tires or would it be too much work for the engine?

As always, thank you for any advice   Mark

A few owners I know use beet juice.  Non corrosive, and heavier than just salt water.  I put it in two  31x15.5x15 tires on my 620. The claim is that it doesn't freeze.  Most tire retailers that also sell farm tractor tires install this.  Installer had some that dripped on my tires and rims, and all I had to do to clean it up was wash with water.

I had fluid put in all 4 tires of a B-212 12 years ago. It’s calcium chloride and I think I switch to non-corrosive soon. The pain is checking the tire pressure. Fluid can ruin a gage and the tires were filled as they were lying flat. Comes into the gage no matter where the valve stems are positioned.

You will need a tire gauge that is made for tires with a corrosive solution in them.  I have gotten at Tractor Supply and at Wal Mart.  Those are manufactured differently, and will last better.  Seems like have internal spring pressure, and pushes any solutions out once away from the tire valve.