Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B 110 differential

Tom Batts

The differential seems to be locked so I took it apart and this is what I found. Someone told me that this is not the correct differential for the B110 and that some people change these to always be locked. I do not want it to be locked. 

Any help? 

20180117_134609.jpg

• Like 1

I bought a B110 in the fall of 2016 that was pretty rough - got the tractor, deck, blade, and snowblower for $60 - that's how rough it was.

After I got it running, I found the differential was locked up - it looks exactly like the one in your picture - so I think yours is right for the machine.  

When I disassembled it, the washers and gears were assembled in the wrong order and the gears in the differential meshed and locked it up.   

In your picture, the two gears on the two closest bolts to the camera engaged instead of missing each other.  I reassembled with the spacer washers and gears in the right order so they didn't mesh anymore and it works perfectly

I have a drawing in a manual at home that shows the right order to assemble

Let me know if you need it - I could scan it in tomorrow at work

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply. I found a drawing in the manual and I am trying to understand what you mean. I am not good at this. It looks like their are two sets of gears that go together and as your look around the circle there is a spacer on top and a spacer below on each set of gears.

Hope that makes sense. All of the washers are underneath. 

Thanks again. 

20180117_174952.jpg

• Like 1