Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

krt

7112 snowblower attachment

krt

Just purchased  a solid 7112 6 speed and the got a 42" snowblower. Now the take up pulley is on the mounting bracket to engage the blower.My first question is  how do you connect the linkage to engage the blower? Second question is what size pulley goes on the front motor shaft to run the blower?

Chris727

On the 7100 Series the blower is run off of the mid-PTO the same as the mower deck is. The hitch on the blower should have just one pulley on it. If it has two then it is for an older tractor that had a mechanical front PTO clutch on it. 

BLT

Welcome to the club. First of all you can run your blower with the same PTO as you run mower deck. So the only items needed are single pulley front hitch and idler pulley assembly and a 147" belt. Being that there are no pictures or product number 990XXX/ 169XXXX for either the blower or tractor , suggest you dig  father into this forum to get more familiar with and search at the same time.

PhanDad
16 hours ago, krt said:

Now the take up pulley is on the mounting bracket to engage the blower....

The above statement makes me suspect you purchased a FDT snow blower.  They are slightly different.  See this post for some info:

https://simpletractors.com/forums/topic/55887-3414s-snowblower-questions/?tab=comments#comment-449199

If you modify the hitch to be used as a single pulley hitch, since the mounting "ears" are shorter, a different sized belt will be needed.

Hopefully my suspicion is wrong. 

• Like 1

krt

Well BLT I took your advice I took my dad's hitch off his 7117h and put it on my tractor and went and got an A144 belt it worked great .Now all I have to do is make the hitch I got look like my  Dad's. Turns out that the hitch that have the take up pulleys on them is a little shorter then the one that drives off the mid PTO. All I need to do know is make a lift rod I don't think the piece of maple in the picture will last very long. So after it was all said and done the tractor cost me $375.00 and the blower was $260.00 and tire chains were $30.00 and the belt was$30.00 . Now I got to sell my 4211.

3345.jpeg

Edited by krt

krt

Well I figured I might as well show a picture of it doing its job.Now that the 42" snow blower proved itself I going to switch with my dad's 36" blower.He's just has a drive way and no side walks plus his tractor is a 7117h that will handle the bigger blower better then my 7112 .

IMG_20180207_101520734.jpg

steve-wis

If the hitch you have has the moving pulleys for engaging the blower and a short rod to work it, I would guess it is for the 6000 series tractors.  They have a lever on the back of the left running board that engages attachments and the engaging apparatus is part of the hitch, there is no clutch on the tractor.  You could probably sell that hitch and pick up the single pulley hitch you need, they are available.  I believe Ray on here makes them and sells them as well. 

Attached is a picture of the 5000-6000 series blower hitch.  It is sitting on the ground upside down.

Simplicity AC hitch photo.jpg

Edited by steve-wis

krt

Since my tractor wasn't set up for the two pulley hitch like below and the motor was not fitted with the front pulley I modified it to run off the mid PTO  so I didn't need anymore linkage to engage it like in the second picture.My Dad's 7117H  is set up like this so instead of trying to find or make the rest of the linkage it made more sense to do it that way..I know that the blower has a smaller pulley on it and I'm on the fence about putting the bigger pulley on it.

download.jpg

Dscn0603.jpg.b98bb75b95d49a7538117e1257f4c08b.jpg