Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

snow cab part information

steve-wis

Picked up a snow cab for the 918H and am missing a pair of parts.  They are the flat steel bars with a bend in them that attach under the seat to the seat pan and then support the back of the cab.  I can make them but it would be alot easier if I had some dimensions, like length, distance between holes in each end, and how much the bend raises the back of the cab from where they mount on the seat pan.  I can guess, but if they are not right, I don't think the doors will fit correctly.

Does anyone have a soft cab on a sovereign or 900 series Allis or Agco Allis, and if so, can someone get me the measurements?

Thanks for any help!

Steve 

This is the OEM bracket for mfg#1693269 late model Sovereign snow cab:

IMG_9547.thumb.JPG.2dcfe5db91ec6c64dd306f2c12e7f1e8.JPG

IMG_9546.thumb.JPG.482d0324d68eabd7a9542c45b0ab2d73.JPG

The bracket is made from 3/16"x 1" stock.  The distance between the holes is about 6-1/4" and the rise about 1-15/16".  There is 1/2" between the center-line of the hole and the long end;  7/16" for the short end.

However, I didn't like how the doors fit with the cab mounted on my 75th, so I made my own and lengthened them:

IMG_9544.thumb.JPG.45e6e80a0b924403de86441885f8d712.JPG 

The holes are about 7-1/2" apart.  The issue was squareness; the back edge of the door at the bottom was too close to the door "jam".  

I also lengthened the distance from the holes to the ends of bracket as can be seen above and even more so on the other end:

IMG_9545.thumb.JPG.285c98e48d1fbbd6cee33301aeca17fe.JPG

I also added a thick "bumper pad" under the back end to keep the bracket level, provide more vertical support, and minimize paint scratching.  It can be seen in the above pic.

I advise you to make a couple brackets up (longer than OEM) but don't drill the rear hole.  Install the complete cab and then mark where the rear holes should be for the doors to fit well.  IMO, the extra material from the hole to the end of the bracket makes for a stiffer rear frame.

PS - Figure 7B of the instructions shows the bracket UNDER the seat hinge bracket but Instruction Step 7,B2 state the bracket should be OVER the seat hinge bracket.  I installed the bracket OVER the seat hinge.    

Edited by PhanDad
Added material dimensions

Thanks for the info!!!  I will take your advice on the holes.  I already have the cab assembled and mounted except for these, and I have a 2X4 under the back end to hold it up right now.  I will make up a couple and then transfer the holes.

Appreciate the great pics, dimensions and info, will make this much easier.  And next week if we get snow, I will blow in comfort!

Thanks again!

Steve