Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Gerg

Predator re-power

Gerg

I purchased a 22hp twin-V Predator engine from Harbor Freight while it was on sale and will start installing it on my 7117 as soon as spring gets here. I have a few questions about the conversion:

1 - From watching videos and looking at posts from this site, I see that the Triad engine mounting plate would work for this application but I'm have trouble finding one, does anyone have specs. on it IE dimensions and hole positions?

2- Has anyone here made the conversion using a telescoping drive shaft with U-Joints? I saw on You-tube that someone did, he used a twin-V Briggs engine on a 7117 you can clearly see a new U-joint coupling at the beginning of the video, before the engine was installed.

3 - What is a good source to purchase an engine flywheel adapter? I've seen one on Amazon, sold by a company out of Council Bluffs IA, it is a universal one but did not include dimensions. The one on Amazon does include a bolt on stub shaft which would work with a U-joint.   

wwbragg

I put a 13 HP predator in a 725 and am putting another in a 3112.  Measure to the center of the crank on both engines.  The difference (assuming the Predator sits lower) is how much you need to build up.  Somebody installed a pillow-block and love-joy instead of the rear coupler -- - serves as a u-joint.  Originally, before my repower, the front coupler was a piece of car tire - - - I don't recommend that.

01 original lovejoy.jpg

02 original spare tire adaptor.jpg

Edited by wwbragg
epand

maxwood

Hello, I have done the predator re power .  here is an adapter,that I used . I made it myself from these plans . I  don't know  your skill level, but maybe  you know some one who has a Lathe to machine this. I also built my own muffler, because the predator muffler is huge.

I hope this helps .

Thanks Ken in Mi

57e06112a22d7_predatormount001.gif.395acab185565f5660384ed1baf5a798.gif

muffler5.jpg.b0ae10771cec56fcf69f219afa2c2b9a.jpg

57e060ddb354c_22HPpredatormotor001.JPG.84693b6a5619e6c31bb796a40a73a089.jpg

57e060df16060_preadtoradapter2012.JPG.fff48c98d2b45d761945319b2467b576.jpg

• Like 1