Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity Duals Kit

Ns8104

Hi all,

As this is my first post, I want to first start by thanking everyone for the large community with so much information I can't read it all quick enough!

Next,

I was wondering if someone knows where I can find a Duals Kit for my 3210V? If not, wheel weights would works too. I just purchased my second snow plow and have a traction problem.

3rd and last, I have my old plow for sale. $100 Narrow mount for the broadmoar series. If interested, PM me.

Thanks for the help in advance.

NS8104

• Like 1

Welcome!  We are thrilled to hear you are enjoying the site! Keep coming at us with the questions and feel free to share pictures of your equipment!

If you are struggling with traction weight will help. Chains are usually a must and newer tires would help you get a better bite.  Adding duals Actually will take you the other direction… They are intended for flotation and a softer footprint, or for added stability on slopes.  They will not help gain traction for pushing or pulling and can cause premature damage to your axle tube. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I've added fluid in the tires (windshield washer fluid) and it was easy and cheap.  Break the bead on one side, slowly pour in the gap, and reinflate. A little messy when inflating.

• Like 1

I agree that duals would actually have a negative effect on your traction problem in snow. I have filled rears with windshield washer fluid in the past but have since abandoned that practice as the tires/wheels are harder to handle as I aged. Therefore I've migrated to wheel weights and chains and recommend. If you're handy, you can find tire chains at garage sales for cheap/give away sometimes and they can be cut down to make nice extra garden tractor chain sets. 

• Like 1

I cut down car chains to put on my snow tractor. The bigger cross links give a better bite. I  am thinking of adding more cross links. I also use narrower tires than when mowing, as that puts more weight on the tire footprint.
My problem is my driveway is rock, and if it rains before it snows, and I spin while blowing snow, those chains dig a deep divot fast!
I also have homemade suitcase weights on the back made from 2x3 square tubing filled with lead. Varied the amount of lead for different weights, total is 80#.
The hitch is something I put together so I can move various trailers around when I clean out the shed for our motorcycle rally; two sizes of balls and a tongue for pin hitches.
This is the best picture I have of the chains. Yeah, I know, "wrong" color tractor! 

5a6e7e8e0983f_TripleHitch3.jpg.50b3663a76ae77c097898aba4f4755dc.jpg

Edited by Hick
  • Like 1