Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

February Photo Contest?

Talntedmrgreen

Take a few days and post your favorite tractor photos.  Since we now have a 'like' feature for posts here, the membership can 'like' any photos they prefer most, and at the end of the day Wednesday, Jan 31 (let's say 9 o'clock?), the photo with the most likes will be placed on our group Facebook page as the group photo for February.

I've seen this a few times on Facebook, and thought maybe it would be nice to try something similar.  Once posted to our group facebook page, we can 'tease' anyone there to visit the site here and see all of the contributions.  

Maybe it is something we will see good participation on, and can continue for future months.  No rules, other than make it Simplicity/Allis related.

fb page_.png

• Like 3

Whew!  That's some eye candy Mike!  Which one of the photos are we voting on?  Unfortunately, we can only 'like' the post, so this should probably be one picture per post for the scoring.

With Kent’s passing, we have a photo up of his HB-216 on the facebook page. Lets keep this thread going and use it to choose the facebook group photo for March.  Great photos so fa!

Dont want to rain on your parade, but its kinda pointless to base the winning photo on likes recieved when people are "liking" multiple pictures in the topic isnt it ???

10 minutes ago, SmilinSam said:

Dont want to rain on your parade, but its kinda pointless to base the winning photo on likes recieved when people are "liking" multiple pictures in the topic isnt it ???

That’s kind of the point. You like the entries you want and at the end of the day the one with the most would be featured. This isnt a single vote system or pole. We see it working in almost every group on Facebook. Just thought we would  highlight some of the new functionality. When there is a tie, then the first photo presented with the highest count takes the feature. It encourages Folks to post early.   Nothing real formal about it. 

2 hours ago, fishnwiz said:

I don't own anything that is pretty enough to compete in these circles O.o

Beauty is not a prerequisite 🤭

Sounds promising.

I'm not on facebook so I wouldnt know how it works over there, but  hopefully it works out with more participation than the tom contest had. 

My hope was to use this as more of an infrequent tool to link the FB crowd and Forum crowd.  This is a topic on the FB ST page, with a link leading here.  A nice way to freshen up the look of our FB page.

• Like 2

On 2/2/2018 at 4:23 AM, fishnwiz said:

I don't own anything that is pretty enough to compete in these circles O.o

Me neither.

On 2/2/2018 at 6:31 AM, Talntedmrgreen said:

Beauty is not a prerequisite 🤭

I suppose it could even be a picture of a tractor junkyard, a mega-pick. 

• Talntedmrgreen locked this topic

Mr Biery and Mr Erickson tied in this contest, so i will give each a few weeks atop the group FB page.  

• Talntedmrgreen unfeatured and unpinned this topic