Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Finally, snow blowing comfort!

steve-wis

Hello to all!

A couple of weeks ago my much better half and I drove to Marion, IA, to meet with a fellow club member and buy a snow cab for my recently rescued 918H.  Well, it is now installed and I am waiting for snow!  A few pics of the tractor with cab, sorry for the cramped space pics but it was cold today and didn't want to open up the garage much......

I did have to make new door hinges because two were missing, and the two that were there were kind of bent up, a small fix.  I also had to make the two brackets that hold the back of the cab, they are shown up close in one of the pics.  I also made a bracket to carry the chute rotating rod that is shown in the last pic.  All that is left to do is wait for a warm day and wash the dust off and maybe polish the windows.

Thanks Greg for the cab, and for a nice but too short visit when picking it up.  Let it snow, let it snow, let it ,,,,,,,,,,,,!!

Steve

cab 01.JPG

cab 02.JPG

cab 03.JPG

cab 04.JPG

cab 05.JPG

Edited by steve-wis
  • Like 2

Looks like you nailed it!  The bracket is very similar to my stock one, and I had to cobble together my rear brackets when I did mine.  A lot of those parts are still available through Original Tractor Cab Co if you need anything.  Hinges, door latches, roof panels, etc.  

I upgraded mine with the glass windshield and wipers, which is an amazing addition when blowing snow.  It tends to fog a bit more, so it may just be time to spring for a heater and fan!