Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
steve-wis

Finally, snow blowing comfort!

steve-wis

Hello to all!

A couple of weeks ago my much better half and I drove to Marion, IA, to meet with a fellow club member and buy a snow cab for my recently rescued 918H.  Well, it is now installed and I am waiting for snow!  A few pics of the tractor with cab, sorry for the cramped space pics but it was cold today and didn't want to open up the garage much......

I did have to make new door hinges because two were missing, and the two that were there were kind of bent up, a small fix.  I also had to make the two brackets that hold the back of the cab, they are shown up close in one of the pics.  I also made a bracket to carry the chute rotating rod that is shown in the last pic.  All that is left to do is wait for a warm day and wash the dust off and maybe polish the windows.

Thanks Greg for the cab, and for a nice but too short visit when picking it up.  Let it snow, let it snow, let it ,,,,,,,,,,,,!!

Steve

cab 01.JPG

cab 02.JPG

cab 03.JPG

cab 04.JPG

cab 05.JPG

Edited by steve-wis
  • Like 2

rich_kildow

Looks like you nailed it!  The bracket is very similar to my stock one, and I had to cobble together my rear brackets when I did mine.  A lot of those parts are still available through Original Tractor Cab Co if you need anything.  Hinges, door latches, roof panels, etc.  

I upgraded mine with the glass windshield and wipers, which is an amazing addition when blowing snow.  It tends to fog a bit more, so it may just be time to spring for a heater and fan!

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• jbrooks
    • spi
    • kwt
    • landlord2110
    • mcd
    • steve-wis
  • Today's Birthdays

1. Bradley sweedman
      Bradley sweedman
      (62 years old)
  • Recent Status Updates

• Paul M.Murphy

Paul M.Murphy

Hello glad I got on this site. I hope to upload a couple of photos of my Simplicity Broadmoor 
      Model 707 Tractor. I have replaced all the belts on it and installed a new ignition switch.
      Have a mower deck which was in poor shape , repaced a couple of bushings and welded the
      deck where there was some holes. The tractor and mower deck came from a friend and the 
      mower deck metal was getting pretty thin. Some new metal was put in it and we also undercoated the underside of the deck. This was done by my friend Greg Toulman.
      I have not put the mower deck on the tractor yet, waiting for Greg to come home and give me a hand. Can you please tell me if there is a manual for the mower deck and where I could get one.
      I would also like to get some moon wheel discs as well.
      I will try and down load some photos of the tractor when my wife shows me how to. 
      I really love driving this tractor and also how well it is made compare today's tractors, especially the flexible rear end and the rollers.
      Tell the next time 
      Paul

· 1 reply
    • jbrooks

jbrooks  »  Talntedmrgreen

Josh

folowing  this from a link at the downloads.  I just rescued an AC 920 with the lambodini diesel. I can' t download  yet .  Where did you find the PDF copy you posted. . I would like to figure out how to adjust the injection pump. 
      I assume it's a bosche, correct
      · 0 replies
  • Adverts