Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

grass catcher

krt

I would love to find a bagger  that hangs on the back of the tractor and had a PTO driven blower because that's all I need for my size yard but have not had any luck find one.So my question is how hard would it be to connect the turbo grass blower that mounts to the deck which is 42".on my 7112

The deck on the turbos has a double pulley setup on the discharge side arbor of the deck. The extra  (stacked) pulley runs the turbo unit with a short belt. It would be much easier to mount the non turbo type grass catcher as there is no mechanical system involved to help boost the clippings into the bins at the rear but the results of the lack of the fan boost shows in the lack of  ability of the catcher to pick up wet clippings.

The turbo deck also runs a different high lift blade setup meant to help propel the clippings into the turbo fan.

You may try running an ad on Craigslist to try to locate a turbo catcher. You may end up buying a complete tractor with a bad motor to get a complete setup. 

I have seen complete units come up in my area of Wisconsin from time to time.

Best of luck

Edited by fishnwiz

You see the Peco tractor mounted system on Craigslist, from time to time.  Most I've seen are from $150 - $250, depending on condition.  I have one of these, and it works great.  Mine is the PTO driven version.  Peco also made a gas engine driven version.

3 hours ago, krt said:

So my question is how hard would it be to connect the turbo grass blower that mounts to the deck which is 42".on my 7112

How's your fabricating skills?

https://simpletractors.com/forums/topic/51452-turbo-1691606-refurbish-and-employ/

I've used both the turbo/cart setup and PECO PTO driven setup mentioned above.  IMO, both are better for smaller yards since they are more maneuverable than the separate rear mounted vacuum and pull behind cart.  Backing up is easy with both the turbo/cart (castor wheels) and PECO unit.   

6 hours ago, krt said:

I would love to find a bagger  that hangs on the back of the tractor and had a PTO driven blower because that's all I need for my size yard but have not had any luck find one.So my question is how hard would it be to connect the turbo grass blower that mounts to the deck which is 42".on my 7112

too bad this isn't closer, not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for but the price looks to be right. https://maine.craigslist.org/grd/d/simplicity-allis-chambers/6481189236.html.

Can the rear PTO blower set up from a B-series be made to work on his 7112? I have one (complete with hoses and deck adapter) available in Milwaukee! (I am willing to pack and ship by Fastenal).

Tom