Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Legacy top hood

Rylan's legacy

Hello everyone it's been a very long time since I was on this forum and would like to say I'm glad I joined again.. maybe someone can help me out with my legacy, I'm looking for the top of the hood,can anyone please tell me if a hood from any other model will fit, conquest,prestige,etc. thanks in advance. Here is a picture of the first allis 716 I restored 

IMG_1070.JPG

• Like 2

Unfortunately, the Legacy hood top fits only the Legacy.  You can use an early or Legacy XL hood top, but the XL hood is vented while the early legay is not.

Beautiful 716!

Thanks the hood I have has a bad dent in the body line and I don't want to repair it. I did find a new hood so I'm going to buy it, I want this legacy like new. I will post pictures of my progress and I'm trying something for the tilt steering I'm going to build something and I hope it works so I can pass the information along,, thanks for the comment on the 716

Fantastic!  I understand how you feel.  Mine came to me with a dent to the sode of the hood.  If I could find decals, I would buy the hood panel on ebay to replace mine. 

67ACE47F-B383-4FB4-BF13-DE3049F6F10A.png

Also I read some post on the site about the front pto kit, I haven't been able to find the whole kit only the shaft and bearings separate . If anyone knows where I can get the whole kit shaft and bearings and axle sleeve please let me know where and if possible a part number. Thanks 

Okay well I got the steering issue fixed it was just the nylon bushings that was worm, so I replaced them with a brass bushing all I had to do was drill the steering column out to a 7/8 hole all the other parts were good. Absolutely no play or sloppy steering. So now I'm thinking I should just sell the tractor because I really don't have the time for it anymore because of my work. I was going to do a full restore but now I'm not sure, it does need a new dash the plastic is broken. So any advice from you would be helpful. The 60 inch deck is in great condition no rust or dents 

IMG_2398.JPG

IMG_2399.JPG

IMG_2400.JPG

IMG_2401.JPG

IMG_2402.JPG

IMG_2403.JPG

IMG_2404.JPG

IMG_2405.JPG

IMG_2406.JPG

2 hours ago, Rylan's legacy said:

If I do keep it does anyone know where to find a dash for it? It's a nla part 

If its NLA through Simplicity it will be a challenge. Not many of these units are being parted out yet as they were a $9K mower and if you find one that is the plastic is probably also broken on it. Its one of the downfalls of newer machines having so much plastic. If enough of the dash is intact, you might be able to repair it by finding a scrap piece of plastic and cutting a patch and attaching it to the backside with JB weld or fiberglass resin. I've done a couple of JD hoods that way. Then you could use some filler on the outside and paint the entire dash with a semi-flat paint to hide it. 

I thought about doing that, but i might have found one, and if i go ahead with this project i will reinforce the back end of it for sure 

• Like 1

Ive actually seen a handful this year being parted.  Ebay tends to have a variety of parts.  Club member craig garbers parted out a few   

The dash is on its way. I'm going to do a complete tear down of the tractor. I still need a part number for the front pto kit, all I can find is the parts sold separate. 

• 1 month later...

Ok just an update, I sold the tractor I just don't have time like I used to, I will be on the hunt for a new one that doesn't need any work. I will keep you all updated when I get a new toy. Thanks for all the replies