Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Fun in the snow

steve-wis

Finally!!! About 6 inches of snow to play in!  Got out and ended up blowing about 3 blocks of Sully sidewalks and several driveways.  Had to unzip the coat after a bit, got nice and toasty in the cab!  Wife got a few pics as I did out small driveway before heading down the street.

having fun 1.jpg

having fun 2.jpg

having fun 3.jpg

• Like 3

ONLY on this site can a guy blowing snow say he is having "FUN" .   Seeing as I don't have a tractor mounted blower I had my fun on my Honda ATV with the high lift blade. Though I was NOT as warm as Steve was it was fun all the same!

Well, I never claimed that I wasn’t a bit crazy!!  Honestly tho, I was born and raised in Upper Michigan and I have always liked playing in the snow, only the toys have changed a bit over the years. Went from sleds to plowing with an AC wd on the farm, snowmobiles, big trucks, and now Simplicity and Allis garden tractors.  All fun!!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, steve-wis said:

Had to unzip the coat after a bit, got nice and toasty in the cab! 

Amazing difference - you have fun for hours without your extremities getting cold.

Continue to enjoy.

Glad you were able to burn some petro there Steve!  Looks like a blast.

10 hours ago, fishnwiz said:

We all need to take our fun whenever a guy can get it no matter what form that may be .

:J

Quote of the year, right here.  dOd

21 hours ago, steve-wis said:

Well, I never claimed that I wasn’t a bit crazy!!  Honestly tho, I was born and raised in Upper Michigan

Your new name should be yooper-steve-wi-ia!

That's okay though. I have friends in the UP that I always tease that they are really Wisconsinites. Josh & I have even "Badgered" about the UP on this site.

WI had their chance at it.

Thought about changing my name here but figured that would be even more confusing.  

Over the years there was talk of trying to make the U P part of Wisconsin, and also of becoming a separate state, like state of Superior.  Neither will probably happen tho.

We are hoping we are done moving now so maybe will change name to Steve-ia down the road.

Oh yeah, pasties!  We make our own and love them.  One thing we miss here in Iowa are those great perch fries from both the UP and Wisconsin.  No perch in Iowa!

13 minutes ago, steve-wis said:

Oh yeah, pasties!  We make our own and love them.  One thing we miss here in Iowa are those great perch fries from both the UP and Wisconsin.  No perch in Iowa!

Gotta go to south Dekota for the GIANT perch.

Do you use rutabaga in your Pasties? Just curious 

No, wife is not a big rutababa fan so we use potatoes.  I always liked the ones with half and half between the two, and our favorites were from either Colonel K's in Menominee Michigan, or Grammy's Pasties in Escanaba.  Haven't been to either one in a long time so not sure if they still are in business.

My father in law used to go fishing on little bay de noc between Escanaba and Gladstone Michigan. He had a spot where he didn't catch alot of perch, but the ones he did catch were all 10 -13 inch or even bigger.  Excellent eating!!

Also, I believe one unit is a pasty, more than one are pasties.  Those spinning things are spelled the same way.

12 hours ago, steve-wis said:

No, wife is not a big rutababa fan so we use potatoes.  I always liked the ones with half and half between the two, and our favorites were from either Colonel K's in Menominee Michigan, or Grammy's Pasties in Escanaba.  Haven't been to either one in a long time so not sure if they still are in business.

My father in law used to go fishing on little bay de noc between Escanaba and Gladstone Michigan. He had a spot where he didn't catch alot of perch, but the ones he did catch were all 10 -13 inch or even bybigger.  Excellent eating!!

Been to Gammy's...AWESOME. 

I have never gotten into the jumbos on lil bay but know they are pigs.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• NandoG
    • Austin
    • Tom45
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts