Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

littlemarv

Kudos to you guys

littlemarv

I think this website (and its members) really got a compliment today. I called Briggs and Stratton customer service, looking for an illustrated parts list for a 320421-0134-01 engine. I came up with nothing on the internet, and called a couple dealers, they couldn't make the engine number go anywhere either. It turns out I had 320121, and the 1 was actually a 4 that was not stamped fully.

At any rate, the customer service rep actually said under her breath, "Lets check simpletractors."  I asked her if I heard right and thats what she was actually doing. She said "Yep, they are a good resource for older engine literature."

So, I think thats a real pat on the back for the people here who have and share this info to keep these old tractors alive. I am not on this site as much as I used to be because I am bitten by the Allis farm equipment bug BAD, but I still browse through here every so often. I am fixing an engine for forum member macallis, and I need to know if there are oversize pistons and rings available for this engine before I strip it completely down and get the block bored oversize.

Thanks for looking!

• Like 7

macallis180

Yep, thats me - Macallis.  Bought the tractor late this summer, had been pulled apart and repainted quite nice, except for wheels, but after using a few hours, noticed engine used  oil.  Ryan said he needed a winter project, so I pulled engine out, and took it to littlemarv.

And here we are, full circle.  Kent Thomas's perfect project from all those years ago continues to benefit us - even the Big & Stuff calls on this website!

Thank you so much, Kent.  RIP.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Talntedmrgreen

Fantastic to hear!  If we are able to get some club member support, one of the initiatives we would like to kick off soon, is adding to the resource pool Kent began here. 

The Downloads section of the site is the easiest place for members to contribute.  any manuals you have in electronic format can be loaded there.  While Simplicity keeps most of their 990XXX and 169XXXX manuals available free online, it is nice to have the 'others' loaded to simpletractors along with them, for a one-stop-shop.  Manuals and brochures on allied attachments, Allis Chalmers and other affiliated brands, and anything simplicity may have missed on their site (they often have the latest or combo manuals, while some of us have the earlier, model specific original manuals).  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1