Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

PowerMax Battery Covers

JeffG

Recently, there has been a renewed interest in battery covers by PowerMax owners. Therefore, I am going to begin another production run of the insulated battery covers for the 4040,4041,9020 & 616,620,720 models. I am just trying to determine what kind of interest is out there, so I can roughly estimate how many to produce. Please reply to this thread if you have an interest. A reply does not necessarily mean that you must purchase one, just to be used as a gauge for me. I expect the cost to be right around $35.00 each. Of course, as is the case with many of these parts, the covers are no longer available from Simplicity or AC. Check my before and after pictures below to see why the covers are so important. These Onan's are definitely battery cookers. Thanks. Jeff

What a bargain! the after looks like it includes new tires and painting the engine and frame -- might have to arrange for somewhere for you to stay for a few days. Seriously, I would have some interest. I will have to check out my set-up (my 620 is stored out of town at present). Is the pipe extension included?

if it will help save my battery life for 35.00 you can count on selling me one. your before & after pitchers look amazing i can only hope that my restoration turns out like that. ed whitford at whitford@core.com