Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
FRANK BIGELOW

Simplicity 1694655 parts interchange

FRANK BIGELOW

Hello to all.

My first post in this club. I bought a home this past October, and a Simplicity riding mower was included. I also have the manuals. 

It was purchased new in March 2005  It is mfg #1694655 with deck mfg #1694688.  The entire headlight assembly is missing. Just a big

gaping hole there now. I looked up the headlight part number as 1714353sm  but everywhere I look, it has long been discontinued, and 

no longer available. Short of buying an entire tractor just to get a headlight, there must be some way to find one. I don't know how many years this 

Mfg# was produced.  But maybe somebody here may know if some different part number might work with some modification.

I just don't know enough about Simplicity to know where to look. Can anyone help me to understand if a replacement headlight is possible?

Thanks

Frank 

IMG_4774.JPG

IMG_4776.JPG

PhanDad

A Google search yielded a used housing for $7.99:

http://newandusedtractorparts.com/used-headlight-reflector-housing-off-simplicity-1694654-regent-1714353sm-u-222233386623/

The lens is part #1714785SM and I bet that's NLA also.

Best is to check mower/tractor salvage yards in addition to eBay, Craigslist, etc.

You can also place a classified ad here, but most folks here are into the larger tractors.