Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Deck lift

krt

With the improvement from installing bearings on my steering I'm looking to install a electric deck lift I'm pretty sure my wife will like that and I would love to get rid of the lift lever.So what actuator do I need  for my 42" deck on this 7112

The lift kits are mfg#s 990658, 1690043, and 1690392; they are all pretty much the same.  The #1690392 is the "newest".   You can get manuals for them at the Simplicity Manual Site. 

It looks like this:

IMG_7173.thumb.jpg.7c6c0e4ca7f30e3c4c6b8b5ee547213f.jpg

Plus the switch and wiring.

• Like 1

There is also some type of indicator pointer to replace the manual lift lever so you can get an idea of ram position.

They come up from time to time on E-bay, or post an ad in the wanted section.

After trying to find an electric actuator and seing how much it was going to cost and the speed of them .I called the gentleman who I got the snowblower from and when I was there I also bought chains off of a 7117h .Yesterday I called him and he said he would sell me the hydraulic lift system for around $180.My next question is  with a pump that is rated  max RPM is 3600 what OD. pulleys will I need and how many GPM should I get for this lift and down the road maybe power steering.