Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

I'm a believer!? Check out these pics

Brent_Baumer

Wow...I'm surprised there was any chome-type "shine" left on the sockets, after the rust was removed. I'm impressed. How long did it take to clean them, and did you do any physical "agitation" at all, or did the rust just "fall off?"

Brent_Baumer
What you see below is a hellaciously rusty socket set I picked up at an auction. (No I didn't bid on this set, it came in a wagon load of "stuff" for $5) anyway, it is not useable due to it's rusty condition: http://ourworld.cs.com/Bcbaumer/rustsock.jpg

Brent_Baumer
Here is the same socket set after taking a bath in Woody's magical mystery rust removing potion. More details and testimony to come. Still conducting more experiments.......Brent http://ourworld.cs.com/Bcbaumer/socket.jpg

Brent, Those are impact sockets with a natural steel finish correct? Did you try a swig of that stuff afterwards? I think that's why we haven't heard from Woody!! I had a uncle that used to go out to the wood shed all the time for "turpentine". Sandy

Brent_Baumer
Here's what I've found out so far. The "stuff" has no odor or fumes. It does sting any cuts or scratches on your hands but doesn't seem to affect your skin otherwise. The sockets are mixed. Some are plated and some are not or at least the plating is now gone if they had any to begin with. The "after" is about 3 hours of soaking. The "stuff" works pretty well if you keep it at about 70 degrees or above, and does not work very well at all if it significantly colder. No scrubbing required. I did not have the desire or the "guts" to try to drink it. More items and details to come as I get the time. Brent

Wasn't feeling well today, strep throat, but I don't want anyone to think I'm ignoring this. My current shipment is on the way. I've been emailing Brent with tips on his experiment. I can tell he's paying attention from his last post and I appreciate that. Drinking this stuff is not recommended, just an illustration of how really bad all the other methods are. While the rust is dissolving you do other things besides grinding, sanding, converting and cussing. This is the pricing schedule with enough dry material to make: 1 Gallon Dissolve up to 25 sq.ft of heavy rust... $18.95 5 Gallons Dissolve up to 125 sq.ft of heavy rust... $57.95 10 Gallons Dissolve upto 250 sq.ft of heavy rust... $97.50 25 Gallons Dissolve upto 625 sq.ft of heavy rust... $218.75 More you buy the cheaper it gets. Sandblasting can't compete or do as good a job on intricate parts such as springs, fins on engines, nuts and bolts, inside tubes and box channels etc. By being a little creative you can buy less material than you might normally need to dissolve the rust from your parts. Be back tomorrow please excuse my not formatting nicely ...MadManX Please contact me at: woodydel@optonline.net

I can picture him now, I his back yard shed, his hair pulled out giving him an Einstein look, concentrating on his next miraculous concoction. All of a sudden, poof, a cloud of white smoke blows open the shed doors. Out walks the MadManX smiling. He just completed his next worldly wonder. Dan