Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

SIMPLICITY 5212.5 Info Needed

CHEETAH

Can anyone tell me details on this tractor? Lawn or Garden? Id like to see pictures, can anyone post some or email them? Cant find any at the site. The one Im considering is Gear driven? Says it has a 52 inch deck. whats this unit worth in good shape? Any other info given would help a lot. Thanks, John.

John, Last year I bought a mid '80s 5212.5 with a 48" deck, after listening to these guys praise their Simplicity mower decks and the superior cut. I bought it here in east Texas for $500 (I probably would have paid twice that after seeing it!). It had all sales brochures, original invoice of sale, and ALL service invoices. This thing was cherry, with no problems. The reason for the cheap price was no one here knows of Simplicity and he couldn't sell it (we swim in a sea of green down here :} A year later, I say all these guys are correct in bragging on the Simplicity cut. The 5212 is a lawn tractor. It is not a garden tractor. It handles limited implements, none of which are garden accessories. It is built too light for that kind of service. BUT, it is built heads and shoulders above any of the other "lawn tractors" out there! Much heavier, easy to service and work on. If you want a "lawn" tractor, it can't be beat. My .02 None of my brochures show a 52" deck, so I would double check that. Here is a list that came with mine: Standard Equipment: Brigg & Stratton Engines: 12.5hp Briggs & Stratton I/C 2cyl. w/ cast iron liners & electronic ignition 12 volt electrical system: Dual circuit alternator & 39 amp hour battery Key electric start Hydrostatic Drive (4212 HW, 5212.5 HW & 5216 HW) Gear Drive (4210 GW, 4212 GW & 5212 GW) Adjustable hi-back foam contoured seat w/ spring suspension Foot operated combination brake/parking brake pedal 25" turning radius Front PTO Pneumatic tires: 15 x 6.00-8 front, 20 x 10.00-10 rear 2.2 gal. fuel tank w/ gauge Tilt hood and seat deck Sealed beam headlights (4212, 5212, 5212.5, 5216)Full length foot rests 3 blade / anti-scalp mowers 12 gauge 1-piece frame 5212.5HW2 (1691485) 12.5 HP LAWN TRACTOR (Hydrostatic Transmission) w/42" mower, suggested list-$3410.00, ship weight-655 5212.5HW8 (1691923)12.5 HP LAWN TRACTOR (Hydrostatic Transmission) w/48" mower, suggested list-$3485.00, ship weight-665 I don't have any pictures. There is a nice 6200 series on this site. It looks just like it, as far as paint scheme, overall body, lights, etc. Hope this answered a few of your questions, Billy.