Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Hubnut

Spark plug type for 314H

Hubnut

I've looked through the manuals, but can't locate the plug type for my AC 314H with Kohler 321S engine.  It currently has a Champion RH10C in it and I wanted to replace it.  Do I have to use a resistor plug?  Is that necessary because the ignition components are electronic?  I'm also having a difficult time with locating parts.  I can find the parts numbers in my manual, but when I try to use the numbers, nothing is found on search engines.  What's the best source for Kohler parts?  Thanks for any help.

• Like 1

GWGAllisfan

I have been using the Autolite 216 from either advance or autozone as a replacement. You can go to an auto parts store and ask for a cross to the champion number as well

Are you using the numbers from the tractor manual, or have you downloaded the Kohler manuals and parts lists? Usually typing in the Kohler number will give  a reference. Many if not most of the K series parts are still fairly readily available.

Hope this helps

Kenh

I've given up on Champion spark plugs.  IMO,   NGK are the plug to use.  It just seems the Champs don't live very long for what ever reason.  Your mileage may vary.

Ken  

Angry Bear
On 3/1/2018 at 9:21 PM, Kenh said:

I've given up on Champion spark plugs.  IMO,   NGK are the plug to use.  It just seems the Champs don't live very long for what ever reason.  Your mileage may vary.

Ken  

I’m with you. Everything I own gets NGK plugs.