Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

J C Penny-early 70's Simplicity?

ffattcatt

I just picked up a J C Penny Garden tractor. It was made by simplicity. It is a 13hjp shuttle drive,somewhere in the early 70's. Landlord-soverign. Has headlights. serial number is 1830-1690126. has anyone seen these around. Seems as if it would be collectible. Any info would be appreciated. I think a 3415 would be equivilant. thanks

I have seen two of these go through our shop. I don't know if it is any more collectible than other ones, but they are a very good unit. It takes a little getting use to to adjust the shuttle, but they make a good mower. I am going to pick up a parts one in about 2 weeks, there is not much left of it, but if you need something just let me know.

Probably,I bought it at an auction in Napoleon,Mi. I paid $275.00 with a good deck and blade.

Where did you buy this at? I think I might of seen it. I seen one just like you describe at an auction a couple of weeks ago.

I was there at that same auction. I thought the tractor looked pretty nice. I was the one bidding you up on that tractor.