Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
wis34

Raising lowering evenly

wis34

Is there any adjustment,or modification, that can be done so my blower attachment raises and lowers evenly?  Currently have a prestige with the hydro lift, but had the same issue with my old 7016 with Arm-strong lift.

I have a feeling it's just the 'nature of the beast', but if anyone did know, it would be one of the fine members here!

MikeES

Nature of the beast.  I have seen a helper spring installed on the left side to make the lift more even.  I had a thrower that lifted dead even (only used it on a 700 series AC with front clutch), I don't know why, I never checked it out.  Sadly a tree fell on the blower (wind storm), and sold the blower for parts.

wis34

Thanks Mike.....i was afraid that was the answer. It's not an issue after I have a good 'base' to work with, but this winter we keep getting thaws. I'm kind of tired of throwing mud!

steve-wis

Because the lift pressure is all on one side, any slop or play in the pins allows it to raise unevenly.  You could drill out the mounting holes and go to a bigger pin and go with very little clearance.  I put a helper spring on a 42 inch blower on my Allis T816, it helps some but still does raise a bit crooked. I have thought about modifying the lift so it would be raised from the center instead of the side, but this would be a major refabricating of the lift system.  I have also observed that a smaller, lighter blower head like a 36 inch does lift a bit straighter but not alot.  Just one of those things I have learned to live with.

Steve