Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hick

So, what to do about a loader? D-A 1920 / Sunstar 20

Hick

Ever since I got the Deutz - Allis 1920, I've thought about a loader for it. I have drawings from the internet to build one. I really enjoy doing those kind of projects, so no big deal there, except for TIME to get it done. And I would want to adapt the plans to a quick-tach system like the DuAl loader on our full-size JD 4230; Drive in, back out.
I am also now financially able to outright buy one, IF I could find one. Problem is, being in the boonies far from Simplicity Land, the shipping could be as much as the loader! And then adapting it to quick-tach.
OR should I just pick up a small skidsteer?  There are a couple locally for <$4000.

fishnwiz

Pretty hard to beat a skidsteer for shear power and overall use IMO. Too bad Simplicity did not build skidsteers.

720nut

Gary, I'd lean toward a skid steer to , loader beats a shovel but when it comes to actually working one the skid would be better of two.

I have one on 620 and my Agco 2025, for firewood and small jobs they work great but doesn't take long to overcome on larger jobs. 

I'd like to find a skid around here for that price.      Just my $.02

Hick
13 hours ago, 720nut said:

I'd like to find a skid around here for that price.      Just my $.02

Well, we could ship one of them to you! ;)