Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Finally some real snow!

CTD01

Well since getting my new legacy XL with a heated cab we didn't get any good snow storms until now. It was 35 degrees amd raining at 3 pm. By the time I got home from work and situated it was about 8:30 and we had just over a foot of heavy wet snow! So I fired up the XL let it warm up so I could sit in a nice warm cab. Drove down the hill picked up my son and we went out. The Tractor worked flawlessly. I did my driveway amd a couple of the neighbors. Here are some pics. I'll try and get a vid up in a bit. Only thing I wish is the blower had a little more rpm. Next year's project!

IMG_20180308_072130554_TOP.jpg

IMG_20180308_072130554_TOP.jpg

IMG_20180307_205413265.jpg

IMG_20180307_203119026.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Looks great!  I love my Legacy for snow blowing, and wish I had a cab like that too.  How hard is it to remove in the summer?  Or do you keep it on and remove the doors?

Well I just got it a couple months back. It doesn't look hard to remove but I think I'm going to leave it year round. Doors pop right off and front and rear windows open.

• Like 1

Beautiful machine and great pictures Paul!  My wife thinks it silly that I get so giddy at a snow. The most accumulation we've had this winter is about 1 1/2" and that melted shortly after I bladed the drive. Most winters we get more but nothing like it was 20+ years ago and further back. HOWEVER - snow predicted for Easter Sunday. We shall see...

• Like 3

Couldn't agree more Mark. I've had enough of this snow and cold weather. Just hope we get some spring and not a jump straight to summer heat.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gwiseman said:

Beautiful machine and great pictures Paul!  My wife thinks it silly that I get so giddy at a snow. The most accumulation we've had this winter is about 1 1/2" and that melted shortly after I bladed the drive. Most winters we get more but nothing like it was 20+ years ago and further back. HOWEVER - snow predicted for Easter Sunday. We shall see...

Thanks! My wife secretly likes it! We had a few storms this year but this was definitely the biggest. As much as I enjoy the snow i cant wait til warmer weather. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CTD01 said:

i cant wait til warmer weather. 

Isn't it funny, how we wish our lives away:  "I can't wait until I'm 16 and get my drivers license"; I can't wait until I'm 21 and can vote (or drink)",  I cant wait until pay day"; I can't wait until retirement."

I'm just sayin' - - - -

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am laughing, to myself, with all these comments about snow?  Firstly, because we don’t get any, and secondly, because at the moment, we are still looking for shady trees to work under!  And of course, we don’t have to bother with any snow equipment or cabs on our garden machines!  Smug Aussie, eh!!!

Kind regards to all you coldies!!!

David

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, wwbragg said:

Isn't it funny, how we wish our lives away:  "I can't wait until I'm 16 and get my drivers license"; I can't wait until I'm 21 and can vote (or drink)",  I cant wait until pay day"; I can't wait until retirement."

I'm just sayin' - - - -

Man I could not agree more! I wish I can go back in time and be 16 again!

5 hours ago, wwbragg said:

I'm just sayin' - - - -

Don't blink. It goes way to fast. 

• Like 1