Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

50 inch manufactured deck

Ronald Hribar

I saw the 50 inch deck on Ebay

i have been wanting to upgrade to the 54 inch deck

but was wondering if this new deck is built better

If you are asking if it is better than a stamped deck, I would say it sure should be.  Stamping stretches the steel creating thin or weak spots, and of course are just thinner to begin with.  I have never had a fabricated (Manufactured) deck but would think it would be a lifetime lasting unit if maintained properly.

Steve

I know I love the 54...I worked hard to find one to go under my Legacy, after using one on a Prestige.  I had the stamped 50" under another Prestige and it cut GREAT.  I don't think I would hesitate toward the new fab 50, or a 54.  Whichever you find for a good price, or first.

Those fabricated decks are seriously built. They are tanks. That’s why Simplicity puts a lifetime warranty on the fab decks. My father has a Prestige with the 54” fabricated deck and they are very heavy gauge steel. I’d say they are better than the stamped decks as far as structurally. Cutting quality though, I don’t know that it would be any better.