Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Winter

MercerRec

Well,  its almost time to take the blowers and plows off for the season.  Of course doing this will almost guarantee me to do a little shoveling but SE Wisc just hasn't seen much snow, especially this year.  What do you guys think, is it Over?

I was thinking this very thing today. I need to take my blower off and install the deck. But as soon as I do, it'll snow. xD  I guess I can fall back on my walk behind or the plow on my ATV. But I got my Sunstar too late to use the blower. I kinda want to use it!  

I dare not.

The weather people are talking about another snowy Nor'easter next Tuesday/Wednesday for the mid-Atlantic and NE.

I just knew we were going to pay for the super warm February we had.

I'm itching to take them off but we still have 2 feet of snow in some places and the snowmobile trails are still open, so I better not.  There is talk of something on Monday and we are almost always guaranteed an April snowstorm, so they can stay on a bit longer.

I broke a belt on the blower just last tuesday blowing the wet two feet we got the day before, and I'm hoping I can get a new one before the next mess. I suppose it will be safe enough once the apples have bloomed. Although..............

I will leave the blowers on the Agco 918 and the Allis T816, I have the deck on the 627 in case it warms up.  Nice thing about many tractors, I usually leave at least one set up for winter all the time and the 627 is always ready to cut grass, pull the cart, etc.  I am a blessed man!  Having said that, here in Iowa it can be 80 degrees, or 20 and a foot of snow at least well into April.  My feeling is we have one more snow event left.

Steve

I have spent 6 1/2 hours snoblowing in the last week and a half.  Here along the MA/ NH boarder,  sno thrower stays on the 9020, and blade stays on the 620 until May.  Very rarely mow much before Memorial Day.  Mud season is pretty much all of May,  but useually can hook up the tiller, and get that done, except the low areas.

20 hours ago, equipment guy said:

I have spent 6 1/2 hours snoblowing in the last week and a half.  Here along the MA/ NH boarder,  sno thrower stays on the 9020, and blade stays on the 620 until May.  Very rarely mow much before Memorial Day.  Mud season is pretty much all of May,  but useually can hook up the tiller, and get that done, except the low areas.

Wow, it's been mud season in Maine for weeks, It has frozen back up a little in the last few days and am thinking I may be able to get back into the woods tomorrow, maybe. Oh yeah, I've been spending time blowing mud and snow in the last couple of storms.

Oh wow.  we had the warm week and a half in February.  Lost most of the snow we had, but the ground didn't really soften up.  It's been a cold winter here, and two more storms on the horizon in the next week.  Mud soon enough, but for now, its pine needles, branches, and snow going out the chute. 

Ya'll can keep it we finally had snow melt couple really nice days almost 70 over weekend

Still lot of snow up north by Gaylord so if we want to see we just drive north

6 to 12 here in Philadelphia tomorrow - wet stuff of course

GregB - Maybe you'll get some this time.  See if the snow moving equipment still works. 

14 hours ago, equipment guy said:

Oh wow.  we had the warm week and a half in February.  Lost most of the snow we had, but the ground didn't really soften up.  It's been a cold winter here, and two more storms on the horizon in the next week.  Mud soon enough, but for now, its pine needles, branches, and snow going out the chute. 

LOL  you should see the top of the ol ladies car. Covered in mud probably invisible from the air blends right in with the driveway.

Came home to about 4" on the truck.

Roads are wet, edges of bridges have snow.

Driveway had two inches with slush under it.

Got the 716-6 with a blade and the walk behind up under the deck.

Like to test the 17GTH with the 42" blower, but I never got chains on it :(

When it stops I'll decide what to use.

They are calling for 4" here in N IL on Sat, but I'll believe it when I see it. They are wrong far more often than not. 

6 hours ago, spi said:

LOL  you should see the top of the ol ladies car. Covered in mud probably invisible from the air blends right in with the driveway.

Ha Ha.  Not sure which would upset her more, the mud on the car, or being called the old lady?  

• Like 1

Went out a while ago and did the driveway and the parking pad with the walk behind.

Around 6" on the drive.

Still snowing here..............

But this is on the deck:

IMG_1967.JPG