Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AGCO918/SOVERIGN HOOD ADJUSTMENT

AGCO918

DUTCH,ANYONE ELSE: TOOK my hood off of agco918 today and need to know how to adjust it as far as how it sits on the dash of tractor.WHEN I BOUGHT IT NEW 3 YRS AGO it seemed to fit snug on the dash well after i got it back from dealer a 2 yrs ago it hasnt been adjusted right sense.ALL i need to know is how far back does your tractors hood go back on your dash .DOES IT go all the way flush against the dash or does it stick up a little? my agco sticked up and it vibrated until i took it off today.I think i have it close but need to know from dutch or anyone else because it is driving me crazy not getting it just rigght. PLEASE help me and if you can please email me a picture or post on here how it should sit on dash. thanks in advance ane hope someone can help me. AGCO918 CHAD E SHAFER

There is no hood adjustment. Just put in the front pivot bolts on each side, rotate the hood back and attach the rear rubber hold downs.

HI Chad, a couple of our customers have used the wide topper tape to prevent rattling of the hood. This also prevents the wear on the dash plate. If you use this, put it low enough on the dash so you can hardly see it. Hope this helps. Neal Pierce

Chad, The hood hinge "ears" should have bushings welded on. Make sure they are IN the holes of the frame. If they are, it sounds like the hood got "racked" at some time. Just gently bend it to fit properly.

The hood may have bent outward where it sits on the dash, my 7117H rattled too. I just bent it in a little with my hands now when it's latched it doesn't rattle. Another possible fix is to not latch the hood that was what I did too. I doubt you'll be backing up at highway speeds so the hood opening up should not be a problem. John