Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

trip around the block

krt

So the 7112s I bought in February only has been run for a short time to clear my drive so with this spring snow we got which I hope is the last I went ahead and blew snow off the side walks around the block..I figured if something would show up it might as well be before the mowing season gets started.the tractor ran just fine.So lets get this grass growing along with the dandelions.But I'm still not removing the snowblower just yet. 

• Like 1

Us Simplicity folks get to be neighborly and have fun doing it!  Glad to hear you logged some seat time.  The grass is starting to green here.  Yesterday I could start to see the remnants of last years stripes coming back as the lawn gets color.

• Like 1

Welcome to the club.

Yes here in Ohio things are a pretty white this morning. I for one have seen enough of this white stuff and want to get doing some outside work to wear off the winter blues and get some sunshine.

Tom 

Edited by tadams
  • Like 1

Here in Wisconsin, Milwaukee area, my wife's tulips are roughly 2-1/2 to 3 inches out of the ground. I don't recall inclement weather taking them out. But rabbits are another story. My wife sprays the "special " blend deterrent on the plants almost every day.sm06

• Like 2

My Dad's anniversary 7117 has a 36" blower on it  the one I got is a 42" which is new to me so I got a lot of my sidewalk edging done already.

3 hours ago, BLT said:

Here in Wisconsin, Milwaukee area, my wife's tulips are roughly 2-1/2 to 3 inches out of the ground. I don't recall inclement weather taking them out. But rabbits are another story. My wife sprays the "special " blend deterrent on the plants almost every day.sm06

BLT, has your wife tryed spraying lead?  LOL!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 720nut said:

Welcome glad you got snow and not me LOL

Tom how much ya get there, it went south of us

Between 2 & 3" I didn't even get the snow blower out, the drive was melted off by the end of the day. Didn't need it now things are pretty wet.

Tom

Bunny hunt!  It's sort of like an easter egg hunt, only different..............666

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, dince said:

Dince, I have considered asking her  that, but being she is our village president and has this thingy with the police department, I don't think she could getaway with it.¬¬

• Like 1

On 3/22/2018 at 7:58 AM, BLT said:

Linda uses a commercial deterrent spray that I swear is hog lagoon water. It works for a few days but requires application weekly. Smell is similar & I’ve never witnessed deer or bunnies eating around a hog lagoon so...

• Like 3

Here in north central Iowa we got dumped on yesterday.  Mason City, 10 mile north of me, got 17 1/2 inches.  South of me about 6 miles got 15 inches,  I think I got about the same.  WET heavy snow.  I could hardly get through it.  The drive was soft so wound up digging ruts blowing snow.

Ken

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kenh said:

Here in north central Iowa we got dumped on yesterday.  Mason City, 10 mile north of me, got 17 1/2 inches.  South of me about 6 miles got 15 inches,  I think I got about the same.  WET heavy snow.  I could hardly get through it.  The drive was soft so wound up digging ruts blowing snow.

Ken

Buddy of mine got like 9”. He lives 45 minutes from me. I got zero. xD

Well if you keep showing up on this tractor site you won't have to worry about removing that snowthrower off your tractor.. You'll get the bug and just buy another tractor for mowing!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, gravey72 said:

Well if you keep showing up on this tractor site you won't have to worry about removing that snowthrower off your tractor.. You'll get the bug and just buy another tractor for mowing!

Haven’t taken it off yet... 666