Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
gravey72

What does this fit?

gravey72

Couldn't get all the pictures uploaded but I got this from a guy with a rear vacuum unit. Originally thought it was for the top of a trailerbut it only measures a little bigger than 36x36. It has an opening in the top front middle (I'm assuming for the inlet). It has a metal frame aroung it with some clamps.  Any help would be appreciated, thanks

IMG_1929.JPG

PhanDad

It might be the top cloth of a PECO vacuum unit.  The frame sounds about the right size.  The collection bag hangs under the frame. 

More pics would help confirm 

• Like 2

gravey72

Took me a bit but I somewhat figured out how to load more pics, hopefully this helps. I can bring it to the gathering if anyone is interested. Thanks Phandad

IMG_1930.JPG

IMG_1931.JPG

IMG_1932.JPG

PhanDad

With the additional pics,  don't think it's the top of a PECO unit.  A PECO top has two layers, a mesh like layer under a canvas layer.  The air exits up through the mesh and hits the upper canvas and exits toward the back. The frame is different also.  In this pic you can just see the crack between  mesh and canvas:

IMG_8963.thumb.JPG.438505c5ce576448c9b7476e7cc36bf0.JPG

gravey72

Ok thanks for your help. Looks similar but now I'm really puzzled on what it's for. I bought a rear vacuum with deck attachment and tubing from a guy who's uncle owned it. The gentleman didn't even know it was for a simplicity. I'm assuming this is based on the other items but maybe not...