Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Adding a power lift on a B-210

BrownA

Pulley, washers,flex disc,washer,bolt. Also loosening the set screw on the bevel gear box and slideing it a little each way to center the stress on the disc helps.

While I am rebuilding my B-210 I thought I would add a power lift. I thought I had the correct pulley ( drive pulley ) that goes off of the engine in place of the spacers next to the driveshaft coupling. I read the directions posted on the site but can't figure out how to do it with the pulley I have. My question is does the pulley have two bolt holes going through it or four ? If I remove the four metal spacers on my tractor and attempt to install the pulley, what happens is the pulley side toward the rear of tractor hits the two remaining bolts from the coupling. Does the coupling still stay in place or do I remove it completely ? If the coupling is removed then the pulley appears to fit but there would only be two bolts running through the pulley to the drive shaft, with the coupling there is four bolts. The directions posted don't say to remove the coupling. Does anyone know how many bolts should be holding the pulley on ? Does the coupling stay in place ? My pulley is cast iron and has a number on it which I do not have in front of me at this time. When I look at my Simplicity manual the picture they show for the pulley looks like it mounts with two bolts. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Al

Going from memory (that's dangerous !!!), the pump drive pulley has only two holes, and mounts using the bolts that DO NOT hold the driveshaft. You keep the coupling, discard the spacers for these two bolts only, and the pulley takes their place. The pulley is as thick as the spacers it replaces. Does your pulley have a thicker, beveled edge on one side? If so, I think it may be the optional pulley to add to the RIGHT side of the bevel gear box on non-variable speed tractors to drive implements off that side (early B-10 vacs, for example). Kent

Its goes like this. Two bolts at are recessed into the Flywheel hold the flywheel on. Two longer bolts are shifted 90 degrees off from the first two and hold both the pully for the hydrolic and the drive shaft flex plate (fiberglass in my case). Their order of assembly goes as follows from the motor out: The cast hydrolic pully against the fly wheel with its pully side out Spacer shims on top of the pully. Fiberglass flex plate Thick washers Long bolts through it all Then 90 degrees off of those bolts on the flex plate is where the standard drive shaft hooks up. Use the thick washers again to increase its strength. If I recall right, I used the thick washers beween the spacers and the flex plate the first time I assembled it and it didnt fit nicely, so I eliminated them as I described above. Hope this helps Dan