Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Letting your feet down, Dutch you ought to try it.

SmilinSam

Been way too wet around here to till. Heck, we got about an inch of snow last night. Only thing that'll make it if planted now would be peas. Brent

Here in the sunny South I have tilled twice with my B-1 and mowed twice with the Sovereign. You'll just keep your snow up North. Roy

Sam, Mine still has the front blade on it, since we've had snow & sleet in last week or so... But, it certainly isn't getting much use. The blade will come off any day now, though.... Kent

Just took off the snowblower from the wonderboy 700 I did use it for pulling a car around.If I tryed to go out in the garden now I would have to keep a chain on it so I could pull it out of the mud with another tractor. It is fun driving this tractor with the front wheels off the ground.After all pulling a 2000 lb car with a 600 lb tractor is quite a feat.Bob

I'm a little green at driving these machines with the toe plates, but it they seem to have their plusses. Being used to pulling my knees up and letting my feet sit flat , it takes a little while to get used to keeping them streched out, but hey, this is nice for a lot of on "on and off again"" jobs around the yard. Just drop your feet and go! Don't have to swing your leg quite as much. In all honesty though, my preference for mowing is still the foot plate equipped rigs. Guess I'm not just not seasoned enough too really appreciate the "Real Thing", no disrespect intended. My yellow jewel is getting quite dirty doing yard waste pick up and alot of roto tilling. Kent, Hope your having as much fun with your conversion piece! SmilinSam

Haven't seen snow here in arizona for two years. already have my full garden planted and starting to come up already. It's a nice 75 degrees here. matt