Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simple Tractor Computer System ???

Spyder

Also, rock detection radar, and emergency ejection system for mowing to close to the creek bank!....Art

Have these units avaliable with ground speed,rpm, hours, and temp. We use them on our Tobacco harvesters that we sell. We don't make them, but we are a dealer for a company that makes harvesters. Don't know the cost of them off the top of my head, but if anyones interested I can find out. Dave.

Art, the radar is not a bad idea, but for a different reason. I learned that large crop farmers are concerned about wheel slippage. Radar is used to measure actual speed. Then the computer compares the actual speed with the intended speed (measured at the driven axle) to get a measurement of slippage. You guys up north that get a lot of show and use blades and snowblowers might be interested in slip. Oh, and I do need an ejection seat too!! I have a big creek through my property. How about a laser beam guidance system that is trainable for the common jobs?? And a photon torpedo the get rid of the rocks.......

Gee whiz guys! I'd just be happy having a cupholder installed so I can retire my beer hat! It's bad enough that I haven't been able to quite figure out how I could wire up my yard trailer with a refer unit for the "on tap" beer kegs! I must say that an early warning system for the granite chunks that come up with the frost every year would be nice too!

I read the message recently about Tiny-Tach. How interesting would it be if you could buy a complete tractor computer device. Displays ground speed, tachometer for both 2c/4c, engine temp, engine hours, battery voltage, distances, etc. etc. Maybe even a GPS interface so you wont get lost. Wow? Let me know about your interest.

I"d like to have an infrared target aquisition system. This would be coupled with a DC servo controlled 30-06. Let me know when it's available :) Steve PS, I mean to use it only on moles....