Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Picked up my Dad's old Landlord today!

dreaco_99

Well, the weekend has come and I took the afternoon to head over to my Dad's house and pick up the old Landlord I used to putt around his yard on when I was a kid. It is a little rough around the edges, but with a little coaxing and a bit of elbow grease I got the whole kit and caboodle here to peruse. This is what I got...a complete Landlord 2010H, 34" snowblower, 42" mower, 32" tiller, 42" snowblade, 42" belly grader blade, 42" disc harrow, all the idler pulley assemblies, rear counterweight, two spare rear tires with rims, two spare front tires with rims, and another rebuilt 11hp B&S motor with 0 hours on it. Not a bad deal for free huh? I've sent along the pictures of the old iron to be posted with the photos of my 7016H, so look for them in the next few days! I'm not too sure what I am going to do with it now that I've got it, so let me know if you might have an interest in any of the attachments/parts. I think I could be persuaded to help some of my fellow members out with hard to find stuff! Let me know!

Wow, that is one serious truck load of stuff. I may be interested in some things, let me know what you decide. Gene

If I were you I would not get rid of a thing.After all a lot of those things are very hard to find and if you ever wanted them back there would be no way of getting them.Glad you got all that great stuff.Good luck in restoring it.Bob

If it were mine, I would not get rid of a thing. Sounds like you don't have any money tied up in the package so keep it. With a little luck, and good stewardship, you should be able to pass it down to another generation. I think tools were ment to be used, cared for, and passed on as a kind of legacy. I have hand and power tools that used to belong to my grandfathers. I hope to some day give them to my son, with the proper oral history behind each tool. So my "Vote" would be to keep all of it, for the future. Greg

Think you got one of them ther Heirlooms. I think you should heep it esp at that price, after get the fever to restore it invite your dad over to take it for a drive..MPH

Dreaco: I think you should keep it all too, but if you don't, I'd give a very good home (on my "800" Wonderboy) to the snow blade and rear rims/tires and, depending on shipping costs, or distance if I drove, perhaps the blower, the tiller and counterweight. Heck, I'd be curious about the cost of the engine, too. What size are the rear tires? It's exciting--I'd hang on to it all. But is your other tractor already fully "implemented?" What year is the Landlord, out of curiosity--are you keeping it? Peter

Well, from bouncing the manufacturing numbers off the website, I date it at '66. My '75 7016H is pretty much fully implemented with the things that I can readily use and will need in the future. I had a need for the disc harrow and the grader blade, which drew my attention to getting the old 2010H in the first place. From here, I am considering all my options...not too sure if I'm going to keep it for restoration or sell it off. I am pretty limited for space and the wifey isn't too thrilled to have it in the garage either...takes up parking space. Admittedly, I am NOT an avid collector, having more interest in practicality and usefulness. I will probably keep the tractor, the mowing deck, and the spare motor together just for another yard rig for my three acres of manicured lawn. I'll probably get rid of the rest...keep looking as I'll be posting the accessories on this website first for fellow members to get first dibs on.