Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Simplicity7013H

Latest Score

Simplicity7013H

Just wanted to update y'all with my latest score. I have a small engines class at school and this kid brought in a Broadmoor that didn't run. Well I helped him get it running and that was that... until the class was done for the year and he still didn't take the machine back home. I made the kid and offer and got it for $140. It had a 16hp Vanguard, 44" deck, and no lights. It was an ok machine and I was just going to flip it. But 10 minutes after getting it home, the engine threw both rods and the one damaged the bore at the bottom. Thankfully, I had a 17.5 HP OHV  Intek that I had taken out of a Crapsman that was headed for the scrapper.  After a bit of work and getting it all adapted, its a good machine! 

iPod 029.jpg

iPod 030.jpg

iPod 027.jpg

iPod 026.jpg

• Like 4

Simplicity7013H
13 hours ago, Chris727 said:

Looks like it went very well, even being able to use the original muffler. 

Yeah I had to fabricate a custom pipe and do some welding on it but being able to use that original muffler is a big plus!

Thanks for all the kind words guys! I bought it to sell to another guy after fixing a few known issues with the steering and now, after doing this swap, I'm half tempted to keep it and use it myself but I have too many machines!!

• Like 2

macallis180

Good job, Elliot.  At your young age, you already have more talent than I have, and I am 72!  Keep up the good work.  You will go far.

• Like 3

Chris727
8 minutes ago, jimmystractor said:

Hey nice work. On a side note, why do I see a lot of these with the headlights missing?

The housings are plastic and become brittle. They also have a tendency to get run into things. 

torquedoff

A bunch I see missing are a result of the muffler heat melting them. More prevalent on the broadmoor.

Edited by torquedoff