Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hoffman Simplicity, Warsaw Indiana

Al

Hi, Are there any members in this club that deal with Hoffman Simplicity in Warsaw Indiana? Just curious, Al Eden

I haven't dealt with Hoffman. I'm not to far away from there. Anything you need to have checked out? Steve

Hi, In about 1987 we and Hoffmans won a Simplicity trip to Acupulco. One day the 4 of us hired a cab and toured the town. Got back about 2 pm. I said: Its hot and I think we’ll go to our room and take a nap. We’ll meet you about 5 for supper. Rex said: “Great”. We went to our room and about 2:45 there was a knock on the door. Some Mexican lad that didn’t speak English came in and went to the bathroom stool flushed it, shook his head and flushed it again. Then he shook his head and worked on it some more. Pretty soon he had the float out and was shaking it and checking for water in it. Then he put it back together and indicated he would be right back. He came back with another guy and they looked, shook their heads, took it apart again and finally about 4:15 they left. We freshened up and at 5:00 met Hoffmans. Rex said: Did you have a good nap???? Then he started laughing. Chalk 1 up for Rex. When we went to our room and they went to theirs and Rex called the front desk and told them the toilet in our room # wasn’t flushing properly. Since the lads couldn’t speak English we had no idea what was going on. Since it worked fine they were baffled. It definitely changed our afternoon. I never call Rex without saying is this the Mexican Plumber? He still just splits laughing. He is a great guy and I just called him up a month ago and thanked him for calling me 8 years ago and jacking me up to get a physical. Had it not been for him I probably would still not know about my cancer and would be un-curable before I found it. So you would understand the background and be able to appreciate it I wanted to explain what this is all about. I would like to have some people form the area go in and say: Are you: “The Mexican Plumber” or do you own a Mexican Plumbing shop. He will die laughing, and will have a heck of a time figuring out how someone local found out about this, he will know who it came from, just not how. He is a great guy, and I think the world of him, I just owe him to lose about 2 hours sleep figuring out how I got him back after 15 years. Just tell him that you had been told that if you dealt with the Mexican Plumber directly you are supposed to get a special deal. Hope this explains. Al Eden