Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

what is it????????????

i have a funny little riding mower that has hard rubber tires, about 6 inches in diameter, a 3.5 hp briggs motor on it, and has a forward and reverse lever down under the seat. it has a foot operated drive petal that when you push it it goes and when you take your foot off it stops. its very small and has a sticker on the front of the hood that says suburbanite. does anyone know who made this and when it was built? i don't have the deck so i'm not sure how big the cut was.

I have a Sears rider like that, mid-engine design, and it's got hard rubber tires like "baby mice"--they seem to have been "born bald." The "steering wheel" is actually a "tiller" made out of one big loop of pipe. If you put a 14 year old boy on the back, however, and another 14 year old boy dumps the clutch, at WOT, the 4hp. Tecumseh will pick the front wheels up in the air, just like a dragster. Is that the one? I've had it for 26 years....

Can you post a picture of it? It sounds something like a rider that my uncle had from the mid-60's. It was a Western Auto Wizard. It had a 3.5 or 4 hp Briggs and a forward/reverse transmission. Chain drive to a solid rear axle. The mower height was adjusted by unbolting the front wheels and raising or lowering them on the steering spindle and the rear wheels had a similar setup with something like swing arm pivots for height adjust. Tiller steering like BigSix described and the clutch was a push to go type and it did not have brakes!