Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Talntedmrgreen

Loader topic (moved by admin from Ebay Craigslist forum)

Talntedmrgreen
9 hours ago, 720nut said:

Nice but I'll keep my DancodOd

Lloyd I would really love to hear your feedback on how the Danco works. I have yet to make up the hardlines for mine and get it assembled. I know based on the manuals the Danco has 66% of the capacity that the ARK loaders had. It just struck me as odd. Seems like it should loft a lot more than 400 pounds. 

720nut
15 hours ago, tadams said:

The Danco I have on mine works good other than I wise the bucket rolled back farther.

I agree with Tom biggest downfall bucket not rolling back far enough, I have new bucket that when time allows will cure that problem. 

Another downfall is like all Powermax style you have to have 3 hands to operate hydro, steering and control valve , after a time you just seem to figure out a way to operate all at same time. A foot operated hydro is in the works and will cure this problem to.

This is second Danco I've owned and have rebuilt both, this is my first, I completely rebuilt loader and tractor sold regretfully. Shimmed valve up and would lift anything I wanted as long as you could keep rear on ground.

Second loader I bought on 4040 was considerably worse shape and I'm in process of rebuilding it, got put on back burner so to build mini modified tractor.

I'll do same with it as I plan a new Parker pump mounted under the hood nothing hanging low, another downfall if not careful you'll catch it on things, so far have rebuilt cylinders and new hoses.

Sorry don't have better pictures right now but :  I'm no expert on these loaders but since the time I was at  Phil's with him and Rick Fiske and got to see all three together I've chose to stay with the Danco. This last 620 is my test bed as I've been in the process of changing several things I feel these tractors need, and no I'm not concerned with keeping them original, just functional as I use them in business.

Hope this helps.

DSCN0954.JPG

DSCN1992.JPG

• Like 1

720nut

I guess I should say that I have a AGCO 2025 with loader and really like it but power steering  and foot hydro kind of spoils ya.

Do however feel that they are not even close to quality and workmanship of Powermax style tractors

I've done same with valve as I did with Danco, when I want to lift something I want to lift it. It will lift more than tractor can safely handle cause it tends to pick rear tires off ground and loses traction.

Only downfall I see is a guy needs 4x4 so I'll be looking for a XL in future.

I guess while I'm on subject did have a Johnson loader on a small Kubota tractor and really liked the controls and operation of loader, just to small for what I wanted.

Just my dime ($.10 ) since so long winded

DSCN2182.JPG

DSCN1932.JPG

Edited by 720nut
  • Like 1

720nut

Thanks Shaun, this is my second, third will be 4x4 when ever I can find right price.

this is loader you picked up for me

I apologize to everyone for long posts maybe should have started a new thread as this will be deleted after a while

Edited by 720nut

rokon2813

Hi folks, I moved the above comments from the other forum so they don't get deleted in the normal cleanup.

As requested by Lloyd. There is some good discussion here.

CTD01

We picked up a 620 with sv-41 for my father in-law a couple years ago. I was VERY impressed with subframe on that loader. Makes the sv-40 look like a toy. His also has foot controlled hydro, top mount loader pump and, power steering which are huge pluses. Another downfall of the danco was the 42" bucket. Some day we will widen that up! In my opinion as far as amachine to get the job done efficiently you cant beat a 4x4 XL with a loader. 

Edited by CTD01
  • Like 1

720nut
On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 1:16 PM, CTD01 said:

We picked up a 620 with sv-41 for my father in-law a couple years ago. I was VERY impressed with subframe on that loader. Makes the sv-40 look like a toy. His also has foot controlled hydro, top mount loader pump and, power steering which are huge pluses. Another downfall of the danco was the 42" bucket. Some day we will widen that up! In my opinion as far as amachine to get the job done efficiently you cant beat a 4x4 XL with a loader. 

Hey Paul you got any pictures of your fatherinlaws loader ? I have a Danco sv40 and want to move the pump uo on engine was wanting to see how they mounted it.

thanks in advance, Lloyd

Talntedmrgreen

I took photos when I had a 41, but cant find them.  Here are pictures from the manual. There is an extra pulley to be added to the front PTO and a bracket that bolts to the engine to mount the pump. 

F950EAAC-4BA9-496D-93F6-79592176DCFB.thumb.jpeg.7e2bf8ba3ef6426f4cbdf6144948a33b.jpeg

8A4DD290-E871-4AD5-A275-5CD452D51F73.thumb.jpeg.a6f156fa3bf5fbde8a0440609c971178.jpeg

4CBFF416-9E7C-4E32-BA59-5DC3FA8CE0D0.thumb.jpeg.5b4651346c3bf37f00c65878c4a8cca0.jpeg

Talntedmrgreen

I should rephrase what I stated.  There is a double pulley that replaces the OEM front clutch pulley.  

tadams

One other thing I want add to my Danco loader is a indicator to tell you when the bottom of the bucket is level or flat on the ground.

Tom

720nut
20 hours ago, Talntedmrgreen said:

I should rephrase what I stated.  There is a double pulley that replaces the OEM front clutch pulley.  

19 hours ago, CTD01 said:

Yep thats what hew has! I always thought it was home brew!

Thanks guys was hoping for picture but with Josh's picture of manual I probably can fab one up, thanks again

It got put on back burner to do pulling tractor , got out last night and planted taters so I'll get back to it now.

I should say I've already built a hub to replace the front clutch, no I don't want to sell clutch.

Edited by 720nut

720nut
16 hours ago, tadams said:

One other thing I want add to my Danco loader is a indicator to tell you when the bottom of the bucket is level or flat on the ground.

Tom

Tom that should just require a tube on loader frame and rod connected to the bucket and mark it so you can see it, I've seen several but don't know how to really explain it

• Like 1

SimpleOrange

Bucket level indicator, when both rod tips are paired your level. A peice of scrap on the floor under the bucket is keeping it from being totally level, but you get the idea.

20180509_101159.jpg

20180509_101208.jpg

Edited by SimpleOrange
  • Like 1