Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Pulley removal help needed!

hurleyii

Ok guys so I got more done tonight on the 7116h tear down. Almost everything has been removed from the rear section now. Having issues removing one of the pulleys on BGB and I'm guessing the fam pulley on the hydro is going to be an issue as well any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  

Also does anybody know the link for Simplicitys parts sight. I can' seam to locate it. 

Thanks for all the help guys. 

20180419_210440.jpg

20180419_210506.jpg

I had a can of "Knock 'er Loose" that was the most amazing stuff! I'd put safety googles on before using it, because as soon as you sprayed the nut, it spun off so fast it was dangerous!
Well, okay, a slight(!) exaggeration!
But it was seriously good stuff.
Did a quick google search, and found it easily. 
But it is now owned by CRC; hope they didn't mess with the formula!

Edited by Hick
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, fishnwiz said:

Did you try doing a search  on Google for removal?  Might be one on there.

If your talking for the Simplicity parts store yes. All I can find is places that sell simplicity parts. I'e had no luck actually finding simplicity.  I thought I did twice but the sight won' do anything as far as bringing up my model.

13 hours ago, hurleyii said:

Also does anybody know the link for Simplicitys parts sight.

If you mean the Simplicity web site for manuals, products, etc, BLT provided the link in the 4th sticky post down at the top of this forum:

https://simpletractors.com/forums/topic/47113-simplicity-product-support-manuals-link/

As to removing pulley without destroying them, soak them well and use a bearing separator as shown by dhoadley.  With the pulleys you pictured, you can probably use the separator directly since since your pulling on the hub side.  If you were pulling on the non-hub side, using a small diameter cut off engine rod end  between the pulley and bearing separator prevents the outer edge of the pulley from contacting the bearing separator (all the force is concentrated at the hub). 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PhanDad said:

If you mean the Simplicity web site for manuals, products, etc, BLT provided the link in the 4th sticky post down at the top of this forum:

https://simpletractors.com/forums/topic/47113-simplicity-product-support-manuals-link/

As to removing pulley without destroying them, soak them well and use a bearing separator as shown by dhoadley.  With the pulleys you pictured, you can probably use the separator directly since since your pulling on the hub side.  If you were pulling on the non-hub side, using a small diameter cut off engine rod end  between the pulley and bearing separator prevents the outer edge of the pulley from contacting the bearing separator (all the force is concentrated at the hub). 

That sight won't even bring my tractor up. The online support brought it up but that' it. I was specifically meaning the link that took us direct to parts ordering and we could actually look are parts up without calling and bothering a local dealer. It made things easy for buying parts especially since I have a wholesale shop in my region . 

Each of us have our favorite way of finding part numbers.  

My primary method is to use Simplicity .pdf parts manuals to find not only the part numbers, but easily printable parts schematics which I usually have right beside me when wrenching on a tractor or anything for that matter.  I believe your tractor mfg# is 1691382; using the link above and entering the mfg# you get this screen: 

SimScreenShot.JPG.3119949be978d66be0c5dae5da727932.JPG

Although the operator's manual indicates its for a "7000" series tractor, the manual is for the 7100 series tractors.  Another thing is the search now usually finds more results than are available for download (or email).  Also usually the parts manual is the "new" format with superseded part numbers.  I prefer the older listing with original part numbers because sometimes a dealer has the old part number item (sometimes its better, sometimes not).

If you want "one stop shopping", Jack's Small Engine and Partstree sites have combined parts schematics and parts list with prices.  Here's the links with Simplicity mfg#1691382 entered as the equipment model number:

https://www.jackssmallengines.com/jacks-parts-lookup/manufacturer/simplicity/simplicity/garden-tractors/7000-series/1691382-7116-hydro-ml

https://www.partstree.com/parts/simplicity/mowers-lawn-garden-tractor/7116-1691382-simplicity-7116-garden-tractor-hydro-ml

I'm sure there are other parts supply sites that offer the same.

I'm also aware some younger folks (with good eyesight) prefer to have their laptops, tablets, or cell phone with them when wrenching or visiting a "brick and mortar" parts  business.  No paper required; it's just not my way.

• Like 1

Thanks PhanDad.  I'm beginnng to think it won' load cause of my phone. I just keep getting the loading screen.

Thanks PhanDad.  I'm beginnng to think it won' load cause of my phone. I just keep getting the loading screen

I found that PB Blaster works pretty good, If you can get a puller on it with a blunt tip air hammer, That quick vibration will knock it loose pretty quick with just by pulling it with hand pressure sometimes. Make sure your set screw is all the way out and it don't have a double set screw in it.  Make sure you use a old socket on the end to protect the shaft. I just pulled and replaced a bearing in a 7112 and mine came right off.

Hope this helps

Edited by docs
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1