Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

hurleyii

Deutz 1920 it's alive, kinda Lol

hurleyii

Well I've been jumping from tractor to tractor trying to get one if them running with a little,  but not much luck.  I've got 3 running on starting fluid  but not on their own.  However today I finally tried working on my Ultima for the first time. I had her running in 45 min of working time, although i haven't tried with actual gas. It was dark outside and time to call the night.  Will see what I can get to happen Thursday.  Will the 900 series wheels work on an Ultima? Front tires are flat as hell.

All though Im thinking of  steeling her engine for Old Faithful in the end.

Looking at grabbing a 16 or 18hp units if I can manage the money. 

Edited by hurleyii
Delete stupid question

MikeES

Back tires/wheels yes.

Front wheels no.  I think the 1920 has a larger shaft plus The 900 series has tapered roller bearings, the 1920 has ball bearings, with a clip to hold the wheel from falling off, instead of the lock collar.

Anyway not a direct swap.

• Like 1

hurleyii
1 hour ago, MikeES said:

Back tires/wheels yes.

Front wheels no.  I think the 1920 has a larger shaft plus The 900 series has tapered roller bearings, the 1920 has ball bearings, with a clip to hold the wheel from falling off, instead of the lock collar.

Anyway not a direct swap.

Thanks I knew the front looked different and I don' have any spare time between my job, my business and trying to get one tractor with a tiller running.  I really appreciate all the quick responses and help.

hurleyii

Update:

Well guys I got off super early today and went straight to work on all my beast. I pulled carb apart on the Ultima and it's shot. I was able to hoge poge it together to get the machine running but carb is no good so im needing one for sure. If you have a proper one for a M20 in the Ultima please let me know. 

As for the tractor itself it's so butchered and jerry riged it's not even funny. Wiring is off the charts.  Needs fully gone over . I was able to pull a MacGyver with a cigerete butt on the hydro safty amd i drove it around the yard . I was smiling from ear to ear with that PS. though wife just shook her head at me and told me it' got two flat tires. Lol I think that' the least of it problems.

Well guys thats it for the update on the Deutz . On a side note the Pto has the deck shaft seized on it.

Hick

Kinda like when I got my '78 Kawasaki KZ1000 running three days after I hauled it home with a stuck engine.

5ae3d86f4498f_2003a.jpg.e575f51136b4642b5866bbcb4c3adbf6.jpg

Bald, cracked tires, no rear brakes, took it out on the gravel road in front of our  house. Took it up to 70 MPH, turned around and rode back home. Came into the driveway with a grin from ear to ear. 
Wife Unit said, "That thing is going to get you in trouble!"
My reply: "YEAH!"

5ae3d848b5d66_2009KZCollage.thumb.JPG.e2db8f9ef567ca1afa05ec714ee483a6.JPG
Unfortunately, project stalled at a smidgeon-from-done status; ran out of money, ambition, & time. Let it go to a friend from Canada.
Now I have more money & ambition (and maybe time) and wish I had her back!

ShaunE

The original crotch-rocket!

12 minutes ago, Hick said:

Kinda like when I got my '78 Kawasaki KZ1000 running three days after I hauled it home with a stuck engine.

5ae3d86f4498f_2003a.jpg.e575f51136b4642b5866bbcb4c3adbf6.jpg

Bald, cracked tires, no rear brakes, took it out on the gravel road in front of our  house. Took it up to 70 MPH, turned around and rode back home. Came into the driveway with a grin from ear to ear. 
Wife Unit said, "That thing is going to get you in trouble!"
My reply: "YEAH!"

5ae3d848b5d66_2009KZCollage.thumb.JPG.e2db8f9ef567ca1afa05ec714ee483a6.JPG
Unfortunately, project stalled at a smidgeon-from-done status; ran out of money, ambition, & time. Let it go to a friend from Canada.
Now I have more money & ambition (and maybe time) and wish I had her back!

Hick
Just now, ShaunE said:

The original crotch-rocket!

Well, actually, that title goes to the Kawasaki Mach IV 750. It was a three-cylinder two-stroker that was the hottest stock bike produced at the time.

ShaunE
3 minutes ago, Hick said:

Well, actually, that title goes to the Kawasaki Mach IV 750. It was a three-cylinder two-stroker that was the hottest stock bike produced at the time.

You mean this?

Except this is the Denco drag bike frame.

IMG_1361.JPG

• Like 1

Hick

After I fixed the brakes and new tires, I fired it up every year or so to play with it. Worked on it one day and decided to check it out to the stop sign & back. Well, you know those contrary bikes; they just won't turn where you want them to! Found myself out on the highway. 50°, strong east side-wind, no helmet, no goggles, no windshield. Decided to tap 100 MPH in the half-mile to the Pump & Pantry. My eyes were watering from the cold, the bike was squirming (side wind?), so I shut her down at 95. 
And still had a 1/4 mile to go!!!
Turned off the highway and that's when I noticed the front tire looked squishy.
Got back to the shop; ZERO pressure in BOTH tires!!!! (tubed tires are NOT supposed to loose air!)
No wonder it was squirming!

Edited by Hick

ShaunE
Just now, Hick said:

Is that yours?

One of my best friend's.

He's looking to get rid of it so he can get an original factory road version.  Whatever year the purple one was.

He has two H-1's that are complete & two H-2's that are in pieces along with this baby & tons of parts.

• Like 1