Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

NEW Grader Blade - $99

Dutch

Herb: Excellent! Now, how can I get you to build me a hitch? I've seen the intricate hitches you've fabbed in the past, and I trust you more than anyone I could find locally. Peter

Peter, I am not offering a hitch at this time for a variety of reasons. I spoke with several fabrication shops (from small to large). Each experience was unique. For me to have hitches made to exact Simplicity specs, at a realistic price, I would have to order in quantity and pay in advance. I’m not sure what the market actually is, and I don’t want to be sitting on many unsold hitches. The blades, on the other hand, can fit any brand GT with an appropriate hitch. Some owners may already have a grader and just want the serrated blade. They can use their existing hitch. This is a relatively simply hitch to make, if an original to copy or plans are available. I am offering detailed plans at no charge with the blades. Many hobbyists enjoy making things, and place a very low value on their personal time. For those who do not have the desire or ability to make a hitch, any local welding shop can make one from the plans. If the customer wants to use alternative material or design, that’s their business (I couldn’t take the chance if I’m reselling these).

The flag is up on my mailbox, I'm e-mailing you next..... This won't take long, did it? lol

Does anyone know if the snow blade hitch is the same as the grader blade hitch, only with the lift arm attached? If so, I've got a spare snow blade hitch for somebody wanting at least a partial grader hitch (with a little cutting - of course)

8" X 42" hmmmmmm ?? I wonder if this would work attached to the front edge of a Johnny Bucket ??? (I ordered my new bucket yesterday) 30 wheelbarrows of loam was too much for this old man.

Dave, pretty sure the hitch is the same back to the angle pivot. Mounting the grader blade would still have to be made. As my snow blade got burried with the first 9 inch snow that I used the blower for I can't lay them on top each other to be positive..MPH

I just ordered 25 grader blades. Delivery will be in approximately 30 days. These blades are the same size and weight as the original Allis / Simplicity belly blades, with pre-drilled holes for the Allis / Simplicity hitch. The addition of serrations permits the blade to be used for either fine grading or raking and light scarifying. Hitch is NOT included. I will include a detailed sketch, with all dimensions of the factory hitch so you can make your own or have one fabricated at a local shop. Color will be either black or yellow. Sorry, the factory does not offer a choice at this time. These blades are being offered to members of the Simple tractors club on a first come basis. I already have a few sold locally, and will save a few to test the eBay market. I’m going to pick up this first load of blades myself, so there will be a saving of shipping charges from the factory. The price of the BLADE ONLY (no hitch) is $99.00 plus a $15.00 handling fee. These blades can be shipped via UPS. Below is shipping information if you want to do your own shipping charge calculations. Blades will be shipped from zip code 08234. Payment can be made with a credit card via PayPal, my PayPal account name is Herb.niewender@worldnet.att.net, or you can mail a check to: Herb Niewender 4011 Spruce Avenue Egg Harbor Township, NJ 08234 I will refund any payments for over-sold blades, but it is best to email me to find out how many are left. Of course, if the demand is great enough, I will order more blades. ********************** Shipping Information: Approximate weight = 40 pounds Length = 42” Width = 8” Height = 1½” Circumference = 18” http://home.att.net/~herb.niewender/blade-post.jpg

Guys, I'm buying one to replace the cheesy blade on my Brinley Box Grader, I'm betting that the serrated edge will be the cats meow for getting rocks out of new lawn seeding jobs that I do. I've worked up a simple hitch to use the grader behind a Model V walker, and this is absolutely the finast combination for final grading and spreading top soil. It's time to go chasing $$ again, Spring is sprung.