Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sunstar deck lift

Angry Bear

I'm sitting here at work, thinking about how I'd rather be at home in my yard.  I took my snowblower off a few weeks ago and mounted the deck. But now it has occurred to me that after I took the blower lift rod off of the lift cylinder, I didn't hook anything back up to it. So my question is, do I need to hook up something for the deck lift, or is that something that is always working?  I can't find anything in the manual online about it. I'm sure I can look at it and see when I'm home, but sitting here at work, I just thought I'd ask the experts!  Thanks guys

7 hours ago, BLT said:

If you lower your lift to the maximum, there should be a lift link dangling to a point where you can see it .

Are you speaking of the link that the chains go on, or does this link need to hook to the hydraulic cylinder?  My chains are hooked to the deck, and to the lift on the machine. 

1 hour ago, Angry Bear said:

Are you speaking of the link that the chains go on, or does this link need to hook to the hydraulic cylinder?  My chains are hooked to the deck, and to the lift on the machine. 

The chain link is in the area of angle drive and there should be a clevis on the mower you connect to . Its in operators book that you can download at Simplicity Mfg.

• Thanks 1