Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

MrFitz

Danco loader manual SV

Question

MrFitz

I have recently purchased a powermax 4040 with danco loader.  The tag on loader says SV, but that's all I can read.   The cylinders appear original. Today I was moving some sand and one cylinder blew a seal. I was wondering if anyone had a manual, part numbers,  or  the size  and source for the seals?  Also, how do you remove the retainer clip on the cylinder without breaking it?

Thanks

Fitzy

3 answers to this question

Talntedmrgreen

Welcome to the Club!  Take a look in our 'downloads' section, and there is a Danco Loader manual for the model SV-40.  Here is a link to that page:  Danco SV-40 Manual

You will have either a model SV-40 or SV-41 loader...they use the same cylinders.  The SV-40 will have a front PTO driven pump that pins to the frame below the clutch.  The SV-41 will have the pump mounted above and beside the clutch, on the engine.  There are some minor differences in the loader arms, and the SV-41 has a beefier frame.  The SV-41 was an 'improved' version, that allows the use of a mower deck without removing the loader or pump.

MrFitz

Thank you for the help 

It is an SV 40

The pump is mounted below the frame which is unfortunate because the bracket is slightly bent and causing the belt to wear on evenly someone at sometime must have run over Something

I was able to remove the retaining rings from the end of the cylinders and even though they could probably use a complete rebuild for my purposes they seem to be operating well and I think I’m going to just replace the outer most O-ring near the retainer clip which is allowing Oil to pass out the retainer clip hole

I think that will solve my problem  for now 

When I am finished with my project I will take the Cylinders completely apart and rebuild them

MrFitz

FYI 

I searched around for a shop and then I ran in to an old timer at Napa auto parts who recommended a shop.  I took his advice and I had both cylinders rebuilt by Dean at Fox Machine in Norway Maine for $67.50 total while I waited.  Super guy super fast great price. Highly recommend to anyone in the area.

Thanks to you guys for the manuals and guidance.  Best ten bucks I have spent in a long time.