Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

First Allis - B207E

gtpicker01

My first post here on simple tractors and I found it while searching for info on my first allis. Never had a simplicity or an allis before so this will be a learning experience for me. It's just a little different than most tractors I have worked on. Didn't pay a lot for it and got it running after some basic work (cleaned carb, new spark plug, fuel line, fuel shutoff, air filter). Also put new tires and tubes on the front. (Pics are from when I first brought it home) Clutch doesn't seem to work that great....drive belt doesn't like to stop so seeing as though the belts were bad I bought 2 new ones from simplicity and see if that helps. If not, I'll have to figure out how to adjust the clutch. Previous owners put multiple god awful paint jobs on it so I will be doing a full resto of it. Couldn't find a decal kit for it so I may have to have one made as it is different from the 207. Engine smokes a little bit, but no knocking or anything like that so i will overhaul the engine. Overall a neat little tractor.

As you can see in the one pic a previous owner decided to weld plates on the back of the seat since it was rusting out at the back and his welder burned all the way through the fender deck. So i will be looking for a fender deck and seat pan if anyone has some they would like to sell. Excited to get this thing restored!

Mike

20180416_170905.jpg

20180416_170534.jpg

20180416_170442.jpg

20180416_170611.jpg

Welcome aboard! We’re happy to have you. Kudos to you for taking on the labor of love that most of us get a real kick out of here. We will enjoy watching along, and I’m sure others will chime in with information about the components you’re asking about.

Here’s a link to a B207 decal kit by one of the preferred re-pop makers. The B207E may be slightly different but they are real good about accommodating special requests.: 

http://www.clickitandstickit.com/b-207-allis-chalmers-kit/

• Like 1

Welcome to the club....Awesome tractor. Can't wait to see how your efforts pay off. You have come to the right place for any help you may or may not need.

Best of luck.

Edited by fishnwiz

Welcome to the club!  The clutch problem may be because of missing or mis-adjusted belt stops.  These are round "fingers" that are mounted at the engine pulley and when you push in the clutch, the belt touches the fingers and pushes out of the pulley to stop gear grinding.  You can make them or possibly buy them, not sure on availability.  I have an electric copy of the service manual for all Allis B series tractors. If you would like it, message me with an email address and I can send it to you.

Good luck!

Steve

Edited by steve-wis
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, tadams said:

Welcome aboard, as you see there is a wealth of information here for the asking.

Tom

Opinions too, don't forget opinions!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, steve-wis said:

Welcome to the club!  The clutch problem may be because of missing or mis-adjusted belt stops.  These are round "fingers" that are mounted at the engine pulley and when you push in the clutch, the belt touches the fingers and pushes out of the pulley to stop gear grinding.  You can make them or possibly buy them, not sure on availability.  I have an electric copy of the service manual for all Allis B series tractors. If you would like it, message me with an email address and I can send it to you.

Good luck!

Steve

I'm going to have to look into the fingers, that may be the issue. 

Glad there's a place like this to go to for help!

• Like 1

First let me welcome you to the club, lots of tractor nuts here.  LOL

Just restored B 207 a couple of years ago , a week sooner and I would have had all the parts you would need.

I've since sold all my small frame parts 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, 720nut said:

First let me welcome you to the club, lots of tractor nuts here.  LOL

Just restored B 207 a couple of years ago , a week sooner and I would have had all the parts you would need.

I've since sold all my small frame parts 

Darn! I've been checking with some garden tractor salvage yards that I know of and no luck so far.

Mike I had tried selling things separate but no luck so I grouped it all together and sold that way, sorry

• Like 1

I have a fender deck from a 707 Broadmoor. I see that the shifter cover is different, but that little cover part that simply bolts on. Can anybody confirm if the deck is the same (or not) between the 707/717 Broadmoors and this B207? Thanks - Tom

Edited by TomSchmit

Mike what mine looked like after restoring, had meant to put bar tires on rear but never got that far.

DSCN0663.JPG

DSCN0664.JPG

Edited by 720nut
  • Like 1

So i found a B207 sitting behind a local New Holland dealership. It is rough, but salvageable. I think I'm going to try and grab it for parts if I can get it cheap enough. Even has hub caps so that's a bonus. I'm thinking the orange deck on my tractor did come from a simplicity. I cut the brackets off the seat and fenders and i think I can save the seat pan, just need to do some welding and maybe reinforce the back bottom corner with some angle iron. Then I can get the seat reupholstered. 

3 hours ago, 720nut said:

Mike what mine looked like after restoring, had meant to put bar tires on rear but never got that far.

That sure is a thing of beauty! What color did you paint it?

Welcome to the best tractor club on the web!  I have a couple Broadmoor parts units as well and currently have four B-207's and their newer brother, the Homesteader 8. What tires did you use on the front? That 5.30-4.50-6 size is getting scarce. I have been trying to tube the originals when possible. A 13 x 5.00-6 tube works OK.   As for the orange deck, it was likely a newer replacement shell. Up until a few years ago they were still available and its not uncommon to see these tractors with the orange replacement housings. Notice it has the more modern late '80s to '90s safety decals on the deck.  

• Like 1

I got the tires from simpletire.com and put the tubes you mentioned in them.

Managed to fix up the finder deck and seat! I think its gonna fix up nice!

20180505_123135.jpg

20180505_123148.jpg

• Like 1