Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

jlasater

Simp 9020 hydro control speeds up

jlasater

The hydro levers on my 9020 move and the spring that is supposed to push the smaller "lock" lever forward to keep the main lever from moving works. I've noticed that vibration will fairly quickly make the lever move though and the tractor speeds up even on a pretty smooth lawn. Have you guys run into this? What did you do to fix it?

SimpleOrange
14 hours ago, ShaunE said:

Is the small detent ball in place?

Probably some debris in the channels that the detent ball rides in disallowing it to lock firmly in place.

jlasater

Yes, the ball is there. Will see if I can blow that area out really good. Partially worried about letting other family members drive the tractor with this issue.

Josiah deshong

When I put the new ball in now u can’t move the lever without squeezing the release I’d think grease and grime would allow it to move unwanted because it needs metal to metal contact. Careful that ball’s easy to lose Shawn warned me about it and I still lost mine taking it apart had to go to the parts tractor and get another so I could mic it

Josiah deshong

That’s what I meant sorry before it would slide without release until I put new detent ball in now it works the right way no creeping like jilaster discussed in the original post