Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Road find

wwbragg

I noticed this Massey Ferguson just outside Chehalis, Wa. on State Route 6 sitting on top of a shipping container.  The "Unofficial History" by Les Kreifelsv, puts this red and gray model 14 in the late 1960’s.

The get close enough to get pictures, I had to weave through about 100 (really) vintage John Deere including a couple of old steel wheels.Massey.thumb.jpg.4adc9b5c9a985d43de995ec0466b35ba.jpgFergy.thumb.jpg.ba1c0a19f7ad7c93869476e2f08eadd6.jpg

The 14 and 16 are probably the most sought after of the Massey GTs. The 16 is less common.  I have been working on one recently. Its a project that dates back probably 13 years but just got it to drive under its own power for the first time today. These had a dual range hydrostat. They will flat out fly in high range. I'm thinking 10mph or greater. Dad was afraid I was going to lose control. 

IMG_9485.JPG

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• Austin
    • Tarheel
    • GWGAllisfan
    • Austinp6896Z
    • Brettw
    • GregB
    • BLT
    • David Barkey
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

I am having ankle replacement surgery Monday 4/8 and will be away from ST business for a few days till the drugs clear out. Keep reviewing ST and let us know challenges and suggested revisions. gw
      · 3 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
  • Adverts