Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
tadams

Powermax Hyrdo leak

tadams

My powermax hydro has started to leak around the shaft that you control the speed and direction of travel. Does anyone has a part number for this seal ? Is there anything else that you replaced when you replaced the seal?

thanks

Tom

tadams

I know I have read on here of these being rebuilt. Am I to understand that nobody replaced this seal or is this still a good part number that is listed in the book and not a nla part.

thanks

Tom

Rigger9020

Hey Tom,

I just used caliber and measured OD and ID and my local bearing supplier got them. Don’t remember them being anything special. I would be a little cautious about a leak there. When my started leaking there, it was because the trunion and control shaft had started rocking loose in swash plate. Since you have to pull hydro anyway take a good look at it.

Good Luck  Mike

• Like 1

SimpleOrange

Using the part numbers from the power max manual, ordered all my bearings and seals from a local jobber. One bearing number was difficult to find a cross over but my parts guy spent spme time looking and found the bearing by a different manufacture.

The hard to find bearing was made by a company that got bought out and merged.

The bearings on the control are roller bearings, the large ball bearing used on the pinion gear end will come with dust covers you'll have to use a seal pick to remove these as they are not required.

If you have to remove the control shaft, make sure the swash plate looking down is at 12 and 6 o'clock before attempting to remove the roll pins, there's a dimple in the case that you can not see. it's purpose is to allow the roll pin to drop into. They used two short pins per side, to reassemble drive one short pin in first followed by the seconed pin. Drive it until it's flush with the surface of the swash plate.

• Like 1