Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tobyote

B-112 Clutch Linkage

Tobyote

Hey. I'm starting to reassemble my grandfather's AC B-112 that I partially disassembled about 15 years ago. I think all the parts are there but who knows how they go together. Picked up a parts manual and a service manual to help me muddle through it.

Anyway, one thing I didn't mess with back then was the linkages for the brake/clutch pedal, and the lever on the right side which seems to be the variable speed adjustment. The problem I'm seeing is that the long rods of these linkages slide against one another and against the bevel gear housing (or the bracket attached to it for the hydraulic piston). Is that normal operation for this machine? It seems like something is out of alignment, but I can't tell what. 

I couldn't get a clear picture but I uploaded a video to youtube to show you what I mean. Any insights appreciated.

Chris727

Hi and welcome to the forum. Hopefully this will be better late than never. Some rubbing is probably normal. The rod that connects to the variable speed lever may need to be adjusted. Once you have the tractor in running shape you can perform the variable speed adjustments. See this topic: 

https://simpletractors.com/forums/topic/60521-3012-vari-drive-adjustment/

Edited by Chris727
  • Like 1

PhanDad

I didn't see this post earlier either.

Assuming the B112 clutch setup is the same as my B110, the clutch pedal end of the rods are positioned correctly:

IMG_2099.thumb.JPG.a6b928646a6bc739528fa26ac04e96b1.JPG

But the tranny end of the clutch rod is reversed:

IMG_2082.thumb.JPG.244a07cb42042b0987cac8e846502b93.JPG

Having the slide connector on the left side (as sitting on the tractor) would give you more space between the rods.

• Like 1

PhanDad

Checked the Parts Manual, you have the slide connector installed correctly (It's opposite side from B110):

5b37f8dcf31cc_PartsPg48.JPG.f20c9356b8c42a525c7b1cddcba3e106.JPG

5b37f8dee9a14_PartsPg50.JPG.eaeb22d783c882238fbfbe6af6434037.JPG

• Like 1

Tom45

I have a B112 that I am starting to work on also.  On it, the rod from the vari-drive lever mounts on the upper side of the rear linkage instead of the lower side that yours does.  The nut is on the underside on mine and the rod higher which should give you some more clearance.  

Tom

• Like 1

Tobyote

Oh wow, I had given up checking on this post after a few weeks. Glad I checked back. Thanks for the welcome and suggestions.

I think Tom may be onto something there! The link Chris posted has a diagram showing the rear end of that variable speed link attaching to the top of the bracket, as Tom says. I'm going to tinker with it tonight.

I'll keep the hose trick in mind also - I can see that being quite handy in a number of places, not just on this machine.

Thanks all! -Josh

gwiseman
1 hour ago, Tobyote said:

Oh wow, I had given up checking on this post after a few weeks. Glad I checked back. Thanks for the welcome and suggestions.

I think Tom may be onto something there! The link Chris posted has a diagram showing the rear end of that variable speed link attaching to the top of the bracket, as Tom says. I'm going to tinker with it tonight.

I'll keep the hose trick in mind also - I can see that being quite handy in a number of places, not just on this machine.

Thanks all! -Josh

Josh, you can change your settings to notify you via email when a post you've started has a reply. And/Or, in the top right hand corner of the post is a button to follow which will also notify you as you prefer. 

• Like 1